accountability partner??

Options
kamuas
kamuas Posts: 16 Member
Hello all!!

I have been attending OA meetings for about a year now, and really need to get serious about my program. I have been floundering. I am also trying to get back on track with mfp and tracking my calories and food intake and also my exercising. I am looking for an accountability partner here who is also an OA member, because I think as compulsive overeaters it adds a whole other dynamic to our challenge to lose weight that not all people would understand.

Let me know if you are interested!! :)

Katrina from Wisconsin

Replies

• janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Hi, IDK if I can be totally accountable but I'll send you a friend request! :)
  • AnjellaRose_GF_SillyYak
    Options
    I need an accountability buddy as well, feel free to friend me.
  • gingerwithoutasoul
    Options
    Me, too. I am new to this whole thing and could use a partner as well.
  • ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    add me and message me. we can connect through MFP messages daily if u like, and text each other if needed. i am in OA, abstainent from compulsive eating, and i am recovering. i am a clean-eating vegan, but work well with others with different approaches to food as well. love to talk 12 steps
  • rightaboutnow
    Options
    Hi, joined OA two weeks ago and would love an accountability partner. Feel free to friend me :smile
  • sheldonbe
    sheldonbe Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm also new to OA, and have a lot to learn and a lot of work to do. Looking for an accountability partner to exchange daily plans (plan of eating, exercise, service, journaling, whatever) or anything OA related, and able/willing to text when we need that little extra support. Send me a message if interested.
  • Terri_Wickwire
    Terri_Wickwire Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi All!! I am open to an accountability partner; we could also make a thread that we check into daily, if that would work for people. I just returned from a meeting up the freeway from me that I haven't been to ... well, since I've only been attending a Saturday a.m. meeting, there are a LOT I haven't been to!! I am also attending a hometown new meeting tonight. I'm thinking 90 in 90 might be very good and get me on track -- but I digress!
  • AnjellaRose_GF_SillyYak
    Options
    I couldnt help myself, I ate a double portion of dinner and dessert tonight...I feel awful about it, I didnt have to, I would have been just fine, and no one else in my family had seconds...just me :(
  • sheldonbe
    Options
    I couldnt help myself, I ate a double portion of dinner and dessert tonight...I feel awful about it, I didnt have to, I would have been just fine, and no one else in my family had seconds...just me :(
    Anjella I can empathize completely. Most of us have been where you are right now, myself included.

Show yourself the same compassion and understanding you would show others. You've shown tremendous courage by posting here, and accountability as well. Tomorrow is a new day. Keep working the 12 steps and using all of the tools. Things do get easier :)
  • Terri_Wickwire
    Options
    If we allow ourselves, we can make each moment a new beginning. You are sharing your honesty -- your experience, strength and hope.

You are inspiring by being here.
    :flowerforyou:
  • dawnellis0613
    dawnellis0613 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am not to sure what an accountability partner is, but I do have my local sponsor. If it means having another sponsor to help us in our goals, some one we can unload on etc, then i also need one. I am not at the poiint where i can sponsor at all, still working on steps 2 and 3. Please add me as a friend as well, as the more the merrier. more reason to keep us in check with ourselves.

Thank you

I am also on facebook and twitter. just ask and you can have my screen names
  • Terri_Wickwire
    Options
    Checking in here is a great way for me to be accountable. I had a tough day today, after spending a clean, clear Tuesday (yesterday). I was running around, prepping for a business meeting and didn't have my usual protein shake breakfast. (Ooops 1). I was rush rush rushing, and running about 15 minutes late (Ooops 2). Parking lot full, rush rush rushing, looked in mirrors, backed up and CRUNCH (Big Flipping Ooooops 3). Got thru the presentation, went home, made 4 calls -- and on call #5, got an answer. Then got a call back. Decided to let myself relax tonight and not work (I work from home).

I had made protein bars to take with me to the presentation, and they didn't "cure" right, so I ate those, rather than trying to deal with anything that might be scary to cook.

All in all, a pretty good day, thanks to calls and wanting to be in serenity -- not sanity.
    :flowerforyou:
  • effrontery
    effrontery Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi all, would love to be accountable to others...have known about OA for a while but not completely following the program until now...I'm really trying. Please feel free to friend me!
  • sheldonbe
    Options
    Hi all, would love to be accountable to others...have known about OA for a while but not completely following the program until now...I'm really trying. Please feel free to friend me!
    Welcome! Friend request incoming.
  • Terri_Wickwire
    Options
    Send you a friend request!! :flowerforyou: Love this group and love this board!!
  • kamuas
    kamuas Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sorry it took me so long to reply, I'm usually on MFP on my phone! haha

Thanks so much for all the replies, I am so happy to finally be on the right track. I've lost some weight in the last month and I'm really trying to get my head in the program. I love that there is an OA community on here!!!!!!!
  • jensweighingin
    jensweighingin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Yesterday I ate more than I planned at dinner. I didn't beat myself up about it. I got into bed early so I could hit the gym this morning. I am glad that I went to bed early. Today is a new day and I feel better about it! FR sent to everyone I'm not friends with on this list, I think. If I missed you, feel free to send me one.
  • MurderMeSomeFat
    MurderMeSomeFat Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I need OA friends. I didn't even know OA existed! I did research and found an OA meeting close by...actually, my gym is at the same church the OA meetings are at!
    My friends are always in awe at my will power but they don't understand that I am a binge eater! I have yo-yo'ed like no ones business. I started August 20 to get my rear in gear and tackle this beast once and for all...alone.
    I did really well and lost a ton of weight. I then went out with a friend at a dog show the end of January. That started my latest three month long binge where I gained all the weight back that I had lost, then some.
    I am sick with myself and I know that there is something I am lacking. I hope I can find that in OA.
    Feel free to friend me...
    My meetings start Tuesday...can't wait!!!