Supplement Roll-Call... (sheer curiosity)

Options
Hello Fellow Health Seeker-

As I was packing up my goods (supplements) for the day, I had a thought...... (am I the only one scarfing down 7+ pills a day, in the pursuit of better health?!)

So, I ask...with an open mind, and curious heart.... Do you supplement? If so, what do you take, and have you noticed differences/results?

-My Daily Goods-

Multi: Alive Energy for Women
http://www.naturesway.com/Products/Vitamins/60195-Alive-Womens-Energy.aspx

CLA: GNC Total Lean™ CLA
http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4421874

Omega 3s:GNC Ultra Triple Strength Omega 1000 EPA & DHA
http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11838226

Calcium*:GNC WELLbeING® be-Balanced - Dulce de Leche
http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3786846
*only for boosts

BComplex:B Complex Gummy Vitamins
http://www.nnpvitamins.com/vitafusion/b-complex-gummy-vitamins.php

Fiber*:Fiber Advance Gummies For Kids
http://www.amazon.com/Fiber-Advance-Gummies-Daily-Supplement/dp/B00A6UEKC8
*when needed

When I take them, I DO in fact feel more "alive". Still trying to determine if this is all in my head though, or truly in my body... :o)

*thanks in advance, for sharing*

Andée

Replies

• momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I don't take any supplements. I can't even manage to remember a multivitamin!
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I take a Rainbow Light multivitamin, a vitamin B supplement, a vitamin D supplement, a probiotic, and a Biotin supplement. Sometimes I feel like the crazy pill lady but my doctor said that my heartburn medication inhibits absorption of vitamins B&D and I needed to supplement.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    multivitamin for men and a probiotic.. everything else you should be getting from your food supply.. your definitely taking a bunch of pills when your food is probably covering your intake.
  • laccy40
    laccy40 Posts: 136
    Options
    I don't supplement - I worry too much about overdosing because I don't know which ones are safe or not. When I see supplements with 100% rda I worry what would happen if I ate something which had more if the same. But I have really weak nails so I could probably do with something.
  • berthabunny
    berthabunny Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Just a multivitamin and cod liver oil. And I am only good about taking vitamins in the winter. I eat more veggies in the summer and am less likely to get a cold anyways.
    I have noticed I compete better and have more energy when I take vitamins religiously though.
  • dulceanjo
    dulceanjo Posts: 22
    Options
    multivitamin for men and a probiotic.. everything else you should be getting from your food supply.. your definitely taking a bunch of pills when your food is probably covering your intake.

True, but isn't "insurance", in the event that I truly am not getting all that I need?

What about the CLA? I am considering sun-setting it, the moment this bottle is over (the expense <>the results), from my experience...
  • dulceanjo
    dulceanjo Posts: 22
    Options
    I don't supplement - I worry too much about overdosing because I don't know which ones are safe or not. When I see supplements with 100% rda I worry what would happen if I ate something which had more if the same. But I have really weak nails so I could probably do with something.

The thought is disturbing! I am on the verge of building a spreadsheet just to track/total my goods, to ensure I'm not overdosing on anything that could come back to bite me later...geeze! lol
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    I take a multivitamin and a Calcium/D supplement which was suggested by a nutritionist due to a family history of osteoporosis.
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Nope, nothing!
  • thepotz
    thepotz Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    muti vit
    Vit C
    omega 3

iv taken cla with not results
    i would bin it :0
    save some dolla
  • amandacepstein
    amandacepstein Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I only take high vitamin cod liver oil - it supplies true Vit A and D, includes Omega 3s. I also always take it with some butter or other dairy fat to improve absorption. On empty stomach. I don't take all the time, but I do try to take it more in winter. Since we get to eat a lot of food, I think we get most of what we need that way. Not true on a low cal diet.
  • CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Just vitamin D when I remember to take it!
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Multivitamin
    Cod Liver Oil
    Glucosamine Sulphate & Chondroitin Sulphate (for cartilage repair and health due to plenty of knee issues).

Talked to GP, Pharmacist etc and happy enough that this is a good mix for me.
  • iveyroze3
    iveyroze3 Posts: 89
    Options
    Mega red krill oil

Emergercy Vitamin C and B vitamins

Rainbow light multivitamin

Fiber tablets

Miralax fiber

Sometimes Melatonin for sleep

I do also in fact, feel better when I take it.
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    When I remember, which is about once a week, I take:

Multivitamin aimed at seniors
    Calcium with D
    Fish oil

If I can remember to take these daily, I might consider adding Biotin a couple times a week to see how I tolerate it. Biotin is something I bought awhile back hoping it would strengthen my flimsy nails, them promptly put in the cupboard and forgot.

Do I feel or see a difference?
    Nope. Maybe that's because I don't take them regularly. But then, I don't really expect to feel different by taking them. I think of them more as preventative rather than curative.

That said, I do plan to add glucosamine chondroitin (or something like that) for my joints after I do a bit more reading up on it.

Oh ... I didn't even think of the melatonin as a supplement. I take 1mg every night. If I don't, I don't sleep. I don't think of it as a supplement. It is more of a regular "medication" like my thyroid and blood pressure pills.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Daily I take--
    1 multi vitamin
    2 probiotics capsules
    2 fish oil capsules
    3 fiber capsules

I have a nice little pile of pills to take with breakfast each morning. LOL!
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Multivitamin, calcium, Omega-3, and Vitamin D during the winter, digestive enzymes when I eat a lot of fibrous veggies :blushing:
  • holleysings
    holleysings Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in taking supplements unless your bloodwork suggests that you should. So I take a 50,000 IU Vitamin D supplement once a week per Doctor's orders. That's it! No need to put extra crud into your body. Confuses the system IMO.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I don't take anything.

The only time I remember taking a dily supplement was a pre-natal vitamin during both my pregnancies, and Flinstone vitamins in the winters as kids.

I probably don't get enough Vitamin D in the winter months here, and probably should supplement that, but I don't feel any ill effects and believe that my diet is well balanced enough 90% of the time that I am meeting all my requirements.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I also have a handful:

Multivitamin/mineral
    Vitamin C
    Vitamin B Complex
    Calcium + D
    Acidopholus

I have my entire family on the multi and C, and none of us have been sick this winter.