Zero Energy = Zero Exercise

Options
Lottiehill29
Lottiehill29 Posts: 41 Member
Hi guys!

I've had an ultra busy week this past week - been getting up at 5am every morning but in bed by 9pm most nights.
So even though I've been getting 8hrs of sleep a night, my body isn't used to it so I've been finding it a struggle to even start the 30DS :frown:
I know people tend to say 'no excuses' and such, but when you feel physically exhausted it is so hard to get in that frame of mind. Especially when you're head is saying 'C'mon you need to do this' but your body is saying 'please no more movement, just lie down and sleep.'
I've had a good night's sleep last night though and feel in the right frame of mind today.
I have every intention of doing it tonight though! I'll only be 3 days behind everyone else so I will still do the full 30 days!
If I haven't entered a 30DS exercise log on my diary tonight you all have permission to tell me what a fool I am! haha :laugh:

Lottie x

Replies

• SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    You know - you are here because you want to take care of yourself.
    On most days, taking care of yourself will mean eating clean and exercising.
    On other days, they best thing you can do to take care of yourself is to rest.

You are the one to tell the difference between those days and as long as you are honest to yourself, you' re fine.

We don't have to start on the same day. I got sick and wasn't able to start on the 1st either. But it's okay. We will do it anyway, right?
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I started on Saturday, skipped Sunday but exercised this morning. Just listen to your body. Reading other people's posts helps motivate me :-) good luck girls!! We can do this!!
  • Lottiehill29
    Options
    You know - you are here because you want to take care of yourself.
    On most days, taking care of yourself will mean eating clean and exercising.
    On other days, they best thing you can do to take care of yourself is to rest.

You are the one to tell the difference between those days and as long as you are honest to yourself, you' re fine.

We don't have to start on the same day. I got sick and wasn't able to start on the 1st either. But it's okay. We will do it anyway, right?

That's very true.
    I guess if my body is telling me it needs to rest then I should listen.
    Would rather miss a couple of days training than injure myself or wear myself out completely.
    Great advice!
  • wannabeloser08
    Options
    I promise you, once you start you will feel so great, and working out will give you energy. I know it's hard to get started, but sometimes you gotta tell yourself, "Just DO IT!" that has been my new thing... just telling myself, Just do it. And then i do, and then i feel great. You will get there! Don't give up, and even once you start, if you miss a day or 2 still DON'T GIVE UP! Just do it.
  • goldencoley
    goldencoley Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I promise you, once you start you will feel so great, and working out will give you energy. I know it's hard to get started, but sometimes you gotta tell yourself, "Just DO IT!" that has been my new thing... just telling myself, Just do it. And then i do, and then i feel great. You will get there! Don't give up, and even once you start, if you miss a day or 2 still DON'T GIVE UP! Just do it.

Such good advice :) I struggled last night as I had an emotional weekend and was plugging through some reading and stuff for the majority of the day... come 9pm I was dragging myself to bed, and then I thought, "It's only 20 minutes! You will sleep better, feel accomplished, and wake up feeling great... JUST DO IT!" And, I did :) I was so proud of myself for pushing through my weary state... Sometimes, even when you are tired or overwhelmed or feel like you have nothing left to give, pushing through the 20 minutes will turn out to be just what you need! My mind was calm, my body tired, and I woke up feeling ready to take on whatever this week decides to throw at me!

I will be doing my consistent day 4 today!! Let's get this done ladies!!

Good luck all!
  • beejelblor
    beejelblor Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    it is VERY important to let your body rest when it needs it, especially with workout routines BUT i can not think of many examples of times i regretted fighting through tired mornings or tired evenings for my workout. I always feel much better after working out, i sleep better, have more energy through the day, and find i eat better on days i work out which helps with the energy. now i do know that when it gets later in the evening, if i cross that tired ready for bed line there is no reversing so i do not leave exercise for that time of day.

you can do this, and remember everyone will be on a different pace this month or so :)
  • Lottiehill29
    Options
    it is VERY important to let your body rest when it needs it, especially with workout routines BUT i can not think of many examples of times i regretted fighting through tired mornings or tired evenings for my workout. I always feel much better after working out, i sleep better, have more energy through the day, and find i eat better on days i work out which helps with the energy. now i do know that when it gets later in the evening, if i cross that tired ready for bed line there is no reversing so i do not leave exercise for that time of day.

you can do this, and remember everyone will be on a different pace this month or so :)

I'd like to do it first thing on a morning before work but I am so not a mornig person at all. It takes me long enough to wake up lol
  • Morriss2538
    Options

Such good advice :) I struggled last night as I had an emotional weekend and was plugging through some reading and stuff for the majority of the day... come 9pm I was dragging myself to bed, and then I thought, "It's only 20 minutes! You will sleep better, feel accomplished, and wake up feeling great... JUST DO IT!" And, I did :) I was so proud of myself for pushing through my weary state... Sometimes, even when you are tired or overwhelmed or feel like you have nothing left to give, pushing through the 20 minutes will turn out to be just what you need! My mind was calm, my body tired, and I woke up feeling ready to take on whatever this week decides to throw at me!

I will be doing my consistent day 4 today!! Let's get this done ladies!!

Good luck all!

I seriously love how much motivation is in this post! Some days I consider it a win if I put the DVD in the player or even drive to the gym, I know that once I get there or start hearing Jillian's voice my tired mind will fall in line with the rest of me. Great job! Thanks for the extra push :)
  • 33RIPlg
    33RIPlg Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I cannot make myself get up in the morning to work out before work. No matter how good my intentions before bed- my brain and body refuse to engage when the alarm clock goes off. So for now I am sticking with doing it in the evenings. It definatley wears me out enough to sleep and the important thing is that I am still doing it.