I hate Mondays because........

Options
I am always so unprepared. No breakfast food in the house so this morning i had a snickers and a soda :(

Replies

• DafMines
    DafMines Posts: 10
    Options
    I hate when that happens. I have learned to prepare better, but sometimes I still get off track. Try finding time to shop on Sundays, I find that the sales are much better than during the week, and you start off the new week with less stress:) Have a good day!
  • kristishrider
    Options
    Yeah, my weekends just seem to disappear. Well, every other one anyways. On our weekend we have all 5 kids at the house. Not making excuses but I really woke up on Sat and Sun and went and went and went non stop. then it was over before I knew it. Went to the store and got a ton of food but had no breakfast food for the weekdays. I knew I was missing something in my cart. hahaha

How was the start to your week??
  • breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Lists are awesome...I think perhaps a good planning time..schedule an appointment to take stock of what is in the house, what you want to have and make a grocery list.

I've taken to making appointments for the oddest things. In the long run it makes life less hectic

Like today (I work at home) I have in my calendar, 10am make calls and a list of people to call...some are personal calls but that is my phone call time..I just finished all I can reach..then this is my online time.

So make an hour a week...schedule it as your grocery list/meal planning time. no matter what. See if it helps.
  • DafMines
    DafMines Posts: 10
    Options
    I had a great start, but only because I walked my daughter to the bus stop, which is right in front of my gym..haha..so I worked out for about an hour and half. My weekend was pretty busy too, had a birthday and church meetings, but I am proud I got off to a good start.
  • breezedaze
    breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Excellent! I'm glad to hear things are going well. It's easier to stay positive when it does.
  • oceanblue6
    oceanblue6 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    ugh. happens to the best of us! one thing i have found helpful is always having *something* in the house that keeps for a long time that i like that i can always have if i get stuck.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I've taken to making appointments for the oddest things. In the long run it makes life less hectic .........

So make an hour a week...schedule it as your grocery list/meal planning time. no matter what. See if it helps.

That is a very interesting idea. I already have a schedule and I do make lists from time to time. But planning for the week is turning into a disaster with this new food lifestyle of ours. I will need to see what I can do with that on Saturday perhaps. If I schedule it, I may stick with it. Thanks for the tip!