Feast days

Options
We did our Samhain and full moon ritual last night all together. I tend to consider ritual days "feast days" and eat kinda whatever i want. from what i have learned about weight loss, it is good to do that once a week or so anyway so your body does not go into starvation mode. what are other people's experiences with this? the challenge, of course is not to do it too often, but considering our moon rituals are on a 2 week cycle that feels ok to me.

Replies

• Motleybird
    Motleybird Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have Saturday as my free day. It's also 'grownup night' because the little one spends the night with grandma. If my husband and I want to eat out just the two of us, or watch movies with popcorn on the couch, I don't have to worry about it. I still try not to go too far overboard though.
  • Aeriesified
    Aeriesified Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Once every week or two I'll treat myself to a plate of Indian food. I go for the buffet ($15 for buffet!) so I can get exactly what I want, but its usually a struggle for me to even finish a plate. It's a treat for me, and a good reason to go, "Okay, I've got some calories left over today. If I skip the tiny treat today, I can have a big treat at the end of the week." and sometimes I don't even end up going.
  • Cattallie
    Options
    With me I just cannot bring myself to cheat, or treat, or move off my plan. It is good to break up the monotony of the same ol same ol, but you do not have to go out to eat to do it. I make it a challenge to make healthy versions of what I am craving so when I'm craving it I just get that out of the way and I do not have to feel guilty afterwards. My husband and I go back and forward with the "let go get seething to eat" thing. We sit down and discuss it and realize we really do not want it but something like it. I have yet to experiment with traditional pagan dishes for ritual days but I'm sure there is a way to do those as well. I'm super strict with myself because I have convinced my mind and will power that I refuse to be fluffy anymore, instead I want to live healthy and put foods into my body that I know how they are processed and know what they contain in all aspects. Not saying I'm perfect with cal limits and carb limits, but I look at the food that I'm eating not the calories when I splurge a bit. About once a month or so I go wild with an extra 1/4 of kidney beans on chili night lol. Little things ya know. :)
  • vicktoria339
    Options
    I tend to be too busy on the sabbats to think too much about food but i always bake cakes or cookies for the cakes and wine and i have as many of them as i like ...it is a holday after all, and everything ive done during the day (walking thru the woods, getting everything ready for ritual) means all the cookies probably wont do too much damage!
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    I don't overdo it: one of whatever the cakes are (or half, if they are particularly large), and a few sips of wine. I'm actively Working in Circle to transform my body... it would be counterproductive to deliberately do mundane things that are in opposition to my desires.
  • MercurialScribes
    Options
    I'm solitary, so I really don't make food a big part of any of my rituals/celebrations... maybe if I did, I'd actually eat healthier than I am right now, LOL. I don't think once every other week would be a "bad" thing though... I still haven't even gotten "on track," but when I do, I'm going to try to incorporate a splurge day now and then, or else I'll never stick to it.

-G
  • mamalangz8
    Options
    I met with a fitness trainer last year and he said that when we treat once a week, it shakes up the metabolism. I've been pretty good the last 5 weeks except for a few cheat days that I've consciously allowed myself.

I didn't prepare a feast for Samhain.... it was a really emotional one for me. I did my own ritual, but that was about it.
  • AraLiaMoonBeam
    Options
    Yes, on the shaking up the metabolism. that is why i feel it is ok to treat once a week. i eat EXTREMELY healthy all the time... nothing processed, all organic, etc. so even the treat days are healthy, just more of the fatty stuff than I would normally do. I am trying to make sure it stays to once a week or less though!!!!! And, I have lost weight, getting in shape and looking good. =)
  • sagreenious
    sagreenious Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want on the sabbats. I see them as a time for celebrating life (and death when appropriate!) and enjoying myself. I am using Lent this year to give up biscuits and cake, and so test whether I am happy to stop eating these things between each sabbat. If it turns out that I am baking of biscuits and cake will become more special when I'm celebrating :)
  • FrankJellyfish
    Options
    $15 is a good price for an Indian Buffet!