C section mommas...

Options
VelociMama
VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
How is your recovery going? How far PP are you?

I'm 4 weeks PP as of today, and still very swollen in my belly :( Just curious how you ladies are recovering and what activities you're able to do now.

Replies

• bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    It took a couple months for the c-section area to not be so tender. The first few weeks were the worst! I am now 4 months pp and the area is fine unless my dog hits it with her monster size tail...lol..seriously though as long as the area is not whacked then it's fine.
  • JCHudg
    JCHudg Posts: 3
    Options
    I will be 6 weeks PP tomorrow ! Second section and feeling awesome :) Incision / scar now really , is still tender to push on . Not really a bother. I have my official 6 week appt Friday , but at my 4 week I was given the ok to resume my normal activities ! I went back to teaching my dance classes the next day and didnt push myself , took it easy , but found I felt great and didnt really need to slow down :) ... I'm still in shock over this recovery where my first section and recovery , I feel like I was still laid up 6 weeks later :-/ ...so different . I still have a flab belly and quite a hang over :-/ ... I know that's part if the hardwork to drop the pounds and get back into shape , but I feel like even 6 weeks later I'm slightly swollen on the sides of the incision ... How's everyone doing ??
  • LindsayLo79
    LindsayLo79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Im 5 months pp with my first section. My daughter was born vaginally. The first two months were the worst. I didnt have time to rest and relax too much either - we had alot of family things going on so I think that attributed to me feeling bad for longer and not giving my body time to rest and heal. Now at 5 months Im feel awesome! No pain but sometimes my scar does itch, but you can barely see it! I am however still numb which I was told can last for a long time :( but I have no limitations what so ever! I do notice how differently my body has changed from the vaginal birth vs the csection. I was also over weight with my first pregnancy but things kind of went back into their place after with the c-section my belly is hanging...and its not budging...Im not a fan! :)
  • chelleangel78
    Options
    I'm 6 months PP and my incision still feels strange and bothers me from time to time. I'm beginning to think I'll never feel the same. Most of the area is still numb.
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    It took a little while for me to recover. This is my 2nd c-section. With both c-sections I did not do any exercise at all until I was cleared at my 6 week check-up. After that I only did walks for the next 2 weeks and then I went back into a normal routine. I am 10 wks PP now and I am not swollen or tender at all.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    How is your recovery going? How far PP are you?

I'm 4 weeks PP as of today, and still very swollen in my belly :( Just curious how you ladies are recovering and what activities you're able to do now.

This was my second section. My son ia almost a year old. I went back to work after my 6 week appointment. Other than walking I didn't do much in the way of exercise.
  • Momieof2girls
    Momieof2girls Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hello! Well I'm a bit farther out, 16 months. But this was my 2nd, I'ma fast healer too. Started my elliptical and post p recover dvd at 4 weeks pp and then really started cardio 6 weeks post. You can add me if you'd like!
  • Mariannek1102
    Mariannek1102 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I will be 4 weeks on Friday. I feel great and ready to exercise but I'm waiting for my 6 week checkup to be cleared. As busy as I've been with new baby boy I should be stick thin by now lol!! I've had multiple surgeries in the past so this has been pretty easy for me.