Challenges March 4th through 10th

Hi all, hope you all enjoyed last weeks challenges and got them done. I did them all except for the walking. My leg is giving out on me again, making walking difficult! boo hoo. But onward and onward, right?

Ok here we go.

Monday: Let's do some side steps. I really enjoy those and you can do as many as you like. If you have resistance bands, you can hook them to your ankles for some resistance.

Tues: fire hydrants..............get on all 4, on the floor or the bed, raise your leg with knee bent, as if a dog peeing on the fire hydrant. LOL

Wed: hip extensions with arm raises. On all 4's again, raise your leg out behind you while raising the opposite arm straight out in front.

Thurs: upper cuts.... put your arms up in front of you, form fists with hands next to one another, then swing the right arm down, then straight up as if punching someone under the chin. then do the left arm.

Friday: punching bag....arms up, fists, then straight out in front punch as if there were a punching bag in front of you. do them as fast as you can.

Sat: stand on one leg and close your eyes. Not as easy as it sounds, but so important as we "age" to keep our balance. Have a chair near by to grab hold of.

Sunday: Dance. just dance any way you want for at least 5 minutes.

Ok. get on your marks, ready, set, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S don't forget to have a glass of water after each exercise, Very important to stay hydrated.

Replies

• walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Great exercises this week. Side-steps done.
    When it gets light I'll go for an outside walk. Supposed to be sunny today.
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 885 Member
    Great exercises this week. Side-steps done.
    When it gets light I'll go for an outside walk. Supposed to be sunny today.

Thank you walkswithart. Most of these are ones I do on The Biggest Loser x box. I love them and was hoping you all would too.
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    ok I got the side steps done today .:smile:
  • Mrsmartin61
    Mrsmartin61 Posts: 119
    I did have some resistance bands -- to just find them! I did steps today. Also, rode the stationery bike for 10 minutes -- while looking at all the yard work to be done! I swept the porch and re-stacked the firewood stand. Don't think we will need the wood any longer this year -- but who knows. It was very windy here today ... gonna hope that settles down a bit.

Enjoy your week! :love:
  • californiagirl1950
    @lintino, glad you got the side steps done.

@ MrsMartin61. Great job and with all the other things you did, you had a great calorie burn today. Never say you might not need fire wood any longer, you know what will happen! LOL

I got my side steps done today too.
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    Californiagir has given us another wonderful week of challenges :smile:

Hi all, hope you all enjoyed last weeks challenges and got them done. I did them all except for the walking. My leg is giving out on me again, making walking difficult! boo hoo. But onward and onward, right?

Ok here we go.

th?id=H.4982686942036676&pid=15.1
    Monday: Let's do some side steps. I really enjoy those and you can do as many as you like. If you have resistance bands, you can hook them to your ankles for some resistance.

th?id=H.5066481746380345&pid=15.1
    Tues: fire hydrants..............get on all 4, on the floor or the bed, raise your leg with knee bent, as if a dog peeing on the fire hydrant. LOL

th?id=H.4857793618708752&pid=15.1
    Wed: hip extensions with arm raises. On all 4's again, raise your leg out behind you while raising the opposite arm straight out in front.

upper-cut.jpg
    Thurs: upper cuts.... put your arms up in front of you, form fists with hands next to one another, then swing the right arm down, then straight up as if punching someone under the chin. then do the left arm.

boxer_punching_bag_hb.gif
    Friday: punching bag....arms up, fists, then straight out in front punch as if there were a punching bag in front of you. do them as fast as you can.

th?id=H.4853434207176368&pid=15.1
    Sat: stand on one leg and close your eyes. Not as easy as it sounds, but so important as we "age" to keep our balance. Have a chair near by to grab hold of.

0186.gif
    Sunday: Dance. just dance any way you want for at least 5 minutes.

tumblr_m70v9llc9h1r3kgy2o1_500.gif
    Ok. get on your marks, ready, set, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

th?id=H.4685419360223710&pid=15.1
    P.S don't forget to have a glass of water after each exercise, Very important to stay hydrated.
  • walkswithart
    Ah Wooken3 - love the cat! I miss mine, even tho she's been gone 8 years now, and I'm just not ready for a cat box yet.

Fire hydrants - done, both sides of course.:blushing:
  • charrisonwms
    charrisonwms Posts: 22 Member
    Nice illustrAtions!
  • Wooken3
    Wooken3 Posts: 634 Member
    OK, I'm having a Senior Moment here. :ohwell:

What's the name of the guy doing the fire hydrant exercise? :sad:
  • californiagirl1950
    OK, I'm having a Senior Moment here. :ohwell:

What's the name of the guy doing the fire hydrant exercise? :sad:

Thank you again for the illustrations. I do believe the guy doing fire hydrants is Richard Simmons himself? LOL
  • lintino
    10 fire hydrants on each side - done
  • walkswithart
    Hip extensions with arm raises - one of my favorites - so good for balance and core. Mark me as a completer..
  • charrisonwms
    charrisonwms Posts: 22 Member
    A day behind but getting them done! Woohoo!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    I can't get "on all 4's" due to leg and knee issues so I made up a couple. Will I get kicked out of the club? LOL!
  • lintino
    I have knee issues too, so I did them separately 10 on each side. I also did 100 upper cuts with each arm. :tongue:
  • californiagirl1950
    Ok, checking in here and looks like you all are doing good.

IWTB, I too have knee issues, so what I do is put a pillow under the knee not being raised up. or do them on the bed. And NO you are not getting kicked out of the club that easily. LOL

Lintino, good job on all those upper cuts. Bet your arms were feeling the burn huh?

charris, you might be a day behind, but YES for getting them done. Good job.
  • walkswithart
    Upper cuts - wow - I imagined hitting all of the old bosses I didn't like - it felt great. PS - I don't think they knew I didn't like them.
  • walkswithart
    OK, I am truly caught up to Saturday. I missed punching bag, so did it and standing balance today.
    And tomorrow I get to dance.:flowerforyou:
  • lintino
    Checking in here.

Yesterday did 100 punching bag hit on each side.

Today stood on each foot in modified tree pose (can't get my foot up higher than my ankle).

Looking forward to dancing tomorrow.