A friend of mine has issues lol

Options
jenbit
jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
So a male friend of mine has girl issues (shocking I know). I decided to get everyones take on his issue since he doesn't like my opinion on the situation very much lol...

So he likes this girl, he expressed interest to her and she said she doesnt see him like that but if it happens its meant to be.... They were at dennys and they prayed over dinner and she said Thank you for my friend ______ (insert his name here) ... Then he asked her if it would be wrong of him to be interested in her and she said no....We were at a bonfire this weekend (it actually got to the 40's down here) and she kept wandering away from us and complaining .Her body language was not what we would refer to as welcoming.

He also does alot of things for her, he is helping her rebuild a car and takes her alot of places. She also can't stand me cause he and I hang out alot..

Now my take is she friend zoned him hard core but keeps giving him little breadcrumbs of hope to keep him around and doing stuff for her.

What do you guys think ?

Replies

• Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    ...she said she doesnt see him like that ...
    Enough said. Next!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    ...she said she doesnt see him like that ...
    Enough said. Next!

This... as well as the fact she gives him 'breadcumbs of hope'
    Sounds like he needs to move on, when she sees she lost him, she may ask for that chance...otherwise he is wasting his time.
  • wharmychippy
    Options
    He should probably move on. Too many guys think girls are vending machines where you put in kind gestures and out pops sex.
  • jenbit
    Options
    I told him she is just friend zoning him and that he needs to distance himself. Sad part is he is an awesome guy
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I really wouldn't call those breadcrumbs of hope IMO.

"Meant to be" sounds like she means that she wishes he would just stop pursuing her and let things run their natural course, which to her is to nothing. The praying thing isn't a big deal to me as I think typically you pray for people at the table.
    I'm not religious but I've had dinner with people who are and they'll say a prayer for me too. As for the "understand" comment I could see it taken out of context, like "I understand if you like me, and it wouldn't be wrong...but I don't like you like that."

Maybe she is saying/doing that stuff to be polite and not rude to him. I've had a situation where I had a guy ask me out but wouldn't take no for an answer and because of that, eventually I had to start being extremely rude to him.

My advice to your friend - back off. You can be her friend but draw the line somewhere as to what a friend can do and not do.
    For example with the car thing...I might ask a friend "hey I don't know how to put washer fluid in my car can you help?" and they could help but your friend shouldn't ask you "hey can you replace my engine for free?" There's a line. And he should realize there are many other women out there that might like him and stop drooling over one girl who probably isn't that cool either.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    I think she's told him she sees him as a friend (this will help her conscience) but leaves the door open so that she can string him along to kepp getting what she wants.
  • christine24t
    Options
    He should probably move on. Too many guys think girls are vending machines where you put in kind gestures and out pops sex.

Hahahahahhaa love that. So true.

"Well damn lets see. I fixed her car, cleaned her windows, that should at least be enough for a BJ right? Or if I maybe put in two hours of plowing her driveway I could get sex. Reward now or later?"
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I think she's told him she sees him as a friend (this will help her conscience) but leaves the door open so that she can string him along to kepp getting what she wants.

Agree with this take
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

this might be the quote of the day. :laugh:
  • jenbit
    Options

"Well damn lets see. I fixed her car, cleaned her windows, that should at least be enough for a BJ right? Or if I maybe put in two hours of plowing her driveway I could get sex. Reward now or later?"

Normally I agree but this guy is one of those LTR deals ... Hes only had 2 gf and one of those was his wife (they were together 10yrs) he has repeatidly told me that he wants a relationship with a girl and can wait until he is in one before he has sex. Like I said awesome guy.....

Oh and he is placing an engine in a car for her and rebuilding the body interior and exterior
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    They were at dennys and they prayed over dinner

I pretty much stopped reading here. I come to these forums for entertainment, and that is about as good as it's going to get.

But then I read that. Well done.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Your friend isn't going to listen to anyone, including the girl that has openly said she doesn't see it that way. Let it run its course.
  • jenbit
    Options
    They were at dennys and they prayed over dinner

I pretty much stopped reading here. I come to these forums for entertainment, and that is about as good as it's going to get.

But then I read that. Well done.

I know I giggled typing it and almost hurt myself keeping a straight face when he told me ........
  • wharmychippy
    Options

Yep. Then step 2 is blaming everything except themselves when it does not work out. "I H8 ALL GURLZ. Why don't women want me!!!!! I AM SUCH A NICE GUY"

If your only redeemable quality is being a nice guy then you might need to take a step back and reevaluate yourself.

If they focused 1/2 this energy into improving themselves in some way. Like maybe focusing on some sort of hobby or something... Just anything to help boost their sense of self-worth.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options

Yep. Then step 2 is blaming everything except themselves when it does not work out. "I H8 ALL GURLZ. Why don't women want me!!!!! I AM SUCH A NICE GUY"

If your only redeemable quality is being a nice guy then you might need to take a step back and reevaluate yourself.

If they focused 1/2 this energy into improving themselves in some way. Like maybe focusing on some sort of hobby or something... Just anything to help boost their sense of self-worth.

I can relate to this personally... I was him, it's all about raising your self worth and knowing you deserve better.. feels so much better!
  • christine24t
    Options

Normally I agree but this guy is one of those LTR deals ... Hes only had 2 gf and one of those was his wife (they were together 10yrs) he has repeatidly told me that he wants a relationship with a girl and can wait until he is in one before he has sex. Like I said awesome guy.....

Oh and he is placing an engine in a car for her and rebuilding the body interior and exterior

For free???

I'm sorry but some people are massive suckers...
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

Oh god I love this!
  • wharmychippy
    Options

I can relate to this personally... I was him, it's all about raising your self worth and knowing you deserve better.. feels so much better!
    Yeah you need to learn to love yourself before you can expect anyone else to.
  • jenbit
    Options

For free???

I'm sorry but some people are massive suckers...

For free.. He is even helping her pick the body of the car... I told him straight up that she wont tell him flat out there is no cause he is building her a car for fuk sakes
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Your poor friend. You are right here. He's being a sucker for doing so much nice stuff for her. Friendship is a give or take, she's using him because she knows he likes her.

Oh and the vending machine theory - I'm using that the next time my guys friends do something stupid for a girl, thanks! Welcome to Single Peeps by the way!