What is your diet like during 30DS?

Options
I am not counting calories as this makes me think about food all the time and always ends up in a binge, but I do watch the size of my portions, eat only when I am feel hungry, and follow a 100% clean diet (no cheat days, no pseudo-healthy stacks, and absolutely no sweets). I am also not consuming any grains, dairy, or legumes and try not to eat after 6pm.

Replies

• doodlemeg
    doodlemeg Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to stay within the 1200cals that MFP sets and have decided that I wont be eating any kind of treat type foods until the 30th which is my family Easter party (even then I wont go crazy on eating everything there). I'm also trying to stay home and eat my food since I know EXACTLY what is going into it and it makes it SUPER easy for me to log. I say "trying" because I've had a few celebrations of friends birthdays in the past week *calorie killers* lol.

I'm with you on the no cheat days, I'm like a chip and chocolate addict lol but haven't had any since I started the 30DS because I want to give it my all...and more! ...It also doesn't help that my mother and my daughter keep eating chips, chocolate and every other thing I'm trying to avoid...and offering it to me -___- hahaha
  • CrimeanGurl
    CrimeanGurl Posts: 103
    Options
    I'm also trying to stay home and eat my food since I know EXACTLY what is going into it and it makes it SUPER easy for me to log.

This is very important! You never know what's really in those purchased meals, even if they sound super healthy.
  • bobbiboo24
    bobbiboo24 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey!!

I'm hungry the WHOLE TIME! And so any exercise calories I burn up, I'm eating back... Hoping once I get used to Jillian's *kitten* kicking ways I'll need less food! :D
  • beejelblor
    beejelblor Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I usually have no trouble sticking to my daily log, unless its an alcohol consuming day, but since starting 30DS i have been SO hungry and eating a lot more. i am trying to increase my protein as well as decrease my sodium but i think it will take my whole 30 days to re-organize my set ways. i have added a banana every morning and am keeping items such as cheese, hummus, etc at work to munch on to avoid HUGE meals making up for feeling hungry all day.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I upped my calories because I'm starved. I'm still eating the same foods just more.

I don't deprive myself of things I love or wine/alcohol if it fits in my goal.

Also have at least one day where I just eat whatever but still try to log everything so I can see how crazy my intake is. I can't be too strict on my diet or I'll go crazy.
  • LeeLee6184
    LeeLee6184 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm just staying within my 1200 cal budget. I've had tiny cheats here and there (like 2 jolly ranchers, or 5 Pringles)...I'm proud of myself just for not having more than just a few of something bad. I have had potatoes which r starchy but it fit within the calorie budget...mostly healthy stuff tho and no fast food for me! It's my weakness. Subway is the only one I can go to without feeling guilty.
  • carfamily08
    carfamily08 Posts: 179
    Options
    I follow the roadmap thread and eat a 15% cut of my TDEE with a bit extra tacked on for nursing my 9 month old. About 2000 calories a day give or take. Nothing is off limits, everything in moderation. I strive to make good choices most of the time but chocolate, wine, eating out, etc. all have a place too.
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm following my given calories during the week. I've given up Starbucks and wine which I used to have every day ????but I am letting myself have easy weekends. I've only just started with all of this....changing my eating and exercise habits. I don't know if I would stick with it if I didn't allow myself the choice on the weekends. It's hard because we often get together with friends for dinner/drinks but I'm planning on cutting back on the amount I used to eat/drink. I'll see how it goes over one month and make changes if I feel the need.
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm eating around 1500-1600 calories and netting around 1350ish after the shred and a small amount of walking. According to MFP that's pretty much spot on with my 1lb per week loss figure.

Although I struggle to lose weight when I exercise, "only" inches.