Going Paleo!

Options
beatleschic87
beatleschic87 Posts: 260 Member
Greetings!
My GF got me turned on to this diet and after 2 days of it, I can say I am going to make this a lifestyle. I am more alert and focused with tons of energy! Plus it gets me into the kitchen and I love cooking so much.

So please add me!

:drinker:

Replies

• Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    GREAT! Fortunately, you are like me and didn't get a miserable "carb flu". That happens to some people, but for me I feel awesome instantly. I think some people quit Paleo, and trash it as being so unhealthy, because they didn't stick it out while their body adjusted.

This is definitely my lifelong lifestyle too. I might have a bowl of organic popcorn or some potato chips (healthiest choice available) once in a blue moon, but I will NEVER eat wheat and soy again (although that soy is very sneaky- have to make my own condiments to avoid it). I also choose to do a very low carb, high fat version of this lifestyle because it makes me feel even more awesome and I have challenges with depression, binge eating, etc.

I love cooking. Sometimes I'm not crazy about the number of hours I spend in the kitchen every weekend, but I can eat this way even if I don't; just a little more boring and more work on week nights. I take extreme pride in making healthy food for my child and I. It's not wasted time! (Although there are some wasted foods when I make something for my child and she hates it, and it has too much natural sweeteners for me to eat, but that's not a frequent occurrence.)

I hope that you stick with it. It is challenging at times, especially when away from home, but I think it's worth it. I'm getting so healthy, and the weight loss (rapid at first, but slowed now) is just a nice bonus. I have no finish line for this lifestyle so it really doesn't matter how fast I lose weight.
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Welcome.

Hit us up with questions as you have them.
  • daniellealys
    daniellealys Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    amazing! you are going to love paleo life! my life is so much more enjoyable on paleo!!!!!
  • kerrylee54
    Options
    Welcome - and good luck on your journey!
  • lbanse1975
    Options
    The Hubbs and I are transitioning to paleo/primal. I'm leaning more toward primal because I plan on continuing to consume certain dairy products.

I do not miss the breads and pastas. We gave up smoking at the same time we gave up the sugars and sodas and breads and stuff. I put on a bit of weight with that, but not too much.

I'm so excited to get back in shape at (almost) 40!!
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Whoop!! Welcome!!
  • Freyja2023
    Freyja2023 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)
  • beccalyse
    beccalyse Posts: 21
    Options
    Dairy's fine as long as it's grass-fed/raw. I cook with Kerrygold butter sometimes just to make sure my body can still handle some dairy. There are some great raw-milk cheeses out there, too. If your grocery store has a decent-sized hippie section (you know, where they keep the gluten-free stuff) with a dairy case, you can probably find some good stuff in there.
  • beatleschic87
    beatleschic87 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Dairy's fine as long as it's grass-fed/raw. I cook with Kerrygold butter sometimes just to make sure my body can still handle some dairy. There are some great raw-milk cheeses out there, too. If your grocery store has a decent-sized hippie section (you know, where they keep the gluten-free stuff) with a dairy case, you can probably find some good stuff in there.

I would prefer to just keep dairy out of it. It always makes me feel bloated anyways. :huh: