It's March! Is everyone still hanging in?!

Options
Blakelynn3
Blakelynn3 Posts: 127 Member
Ladies! We've been at this since January (or longer)! How's everyone doing? Losing weight? Stuck at a plateau? Needing some encouragement? Let's hear from you!!

Replies

• Terri_terri
    Terri_terri Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm still working hard at it. Since 12/28 I've had only one day that I treated myself to a cheat day. Pizza, was good going down but the rest of the night I felt sick so that has motivated me to stay on track. I'm around 36lbs of fat gone & people are finally noticing it which makes me feel great. I drink 100 oz of water a day. I might have a coke once every 2weeks now.
    Hows everybody else doing? Oh, Blakelynn, you look beautiful in your profile pic!!!
  • recee27
    recee27 Posts: 34
    Options
    I started being serious about this on January 7th. I'm down 13lbs since I started on here, but a total of 22lbs with the weight I lost before tracking on MFP. I am still doing well. But I can do better. I am staying under calories and I am doing Zumba five times a week. I need to be better about WHAT I eat. Eventhough I stay under cals I know I can eat better. I feel like I'm in a rut with meals. The same old thing day after day. I need to change it up some to help me stay on track! Everyone I started this with has quit. Which makes me sad for them. I, on the other hand am NOT quitting. I have too far to go and I am ready to be a better me. I know this will take time, and the time will pass whether I do it or not. So, I'm doing it!! :) I can feel a difference in the way my pants fit. But I can't SEE a difference yet. No one else has noticed yet either. I'm hoping with about 15 more pounds gone I will start to see a difference.
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I'm still moving and shaking!
    I'm down about 25 pounds.
    I walked 50 miles in January, but only 25 in February.
    Zumba has been patchy. (Our teacher's schedule).
    I've been under calorie every day (occassionally using up to 200 exercise calories)
  • apittmanrn
    apittmanrn Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Down 15 pounds since January 2nd.
    Still not exercising. :(

Pants are looser, weight loss is slow. Eating whatever I want as long as it fits in my cals for the day. Been on nightshift for 5 months, still feel like I'm getting "adjusted." Too tired to work out when I get up (plus that's when I cook) and too tired when I get home in the mornings. Struggling to find a balance. I'll get there one day. As Dory says, just keep swimming.... :)
  • Tansy98
    Tansy98 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Still hanging in, I think this is the longest I have stuck with anything so far, and it's been more of a lifestyle change than a diet so even though there have been a few hiccups & slumps in motivation, I've been able to pick myself up and carry on the next day.

So far, have lost 18lb (8 kg - 2kg to go till first goal is reached!)
    2 inches off waist & hips, and while I haven't gone down a clothes size yet, they just fit a bit better ( and looser!).

Loving being more active and getting out with my family for walks instead of being a couch potato, and they are all benefitting as well and getting fitter.

Loving watching how my mfp friends are all progressing as well and the support and motivation we have all been giving each other - you're all inspiring! :happy:
  • matti07
    matti07 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Chipping away. I am also having problems to get motivated to hit the gym! Managing to stay close to my calorie budget. Most weeks average out, though.

Bit by bit, and I am still losing. I started at just over 240, and I want to get down to the neighborhood of 135. I still have a fierce sweet tooth, but I am coming up with different ways to cope with it and work around it.

My doctor was really, really impressed with my a1c drop, so that's really encouraging,
  • antitek
    antitek Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Absolutely lovin it. But then I've only been at it for 3 weeks. : )

Having a discussion with the spouse-man-guy about the gym. It is 25 miles one way to go there. Have to make sure the motivation and commitment are there before forking over the $$
  • rlv2
    rlv2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Still plugging away... a few pds at a time... : ) I am down about 25 pds since January 7th.... and trying to decrease my time as I prepare to run my 3rd 5k.....
  • Blakelynn3
    Options
    Oh, Blakelynn, you look beautiful in your profile pic!!!

Thank you! :)
  • Blakelynn3
    Options
    I need to be better about WHAT I eat. Eventhough I stay under cals I know I can eat better. I feel like I'm in a rut with meals. The same old thing day after day. I need to change it up some to help me stay on track! Everyone I started this with has quit. Which makes me sad for them. I, on the other hand am NOT quitting. I have too far to go and I am ready to be a better me. I know this will take time, and the time will pass whether I do it or not. So, I'm doing it!! :)

Same here with the food. I'm staying under my calories, however I've found that I can eat a grilled chicken sandwich and waffle fries from Chick-fil-a and still easily stay under my calories for the day. So, I've been eating there about once a week. I'm sure it's contributing to my slow weight loss.

Don't quit! I'm doing this by myself with the exception of my new MFP friends. People will let you down but you're the one who has to live with the consequences if you quit. I'm mostly speaking to myself here. haha
  • Blakelynn3
    Options
    I've been under calorie every day (occassionally using up to 200 exercise calories)

If you like Zumba, look up Refit Rev on Facebook or Youtube. They have really good youtube videos with 45 minute playlists to get in a full workout. They just came out with a dvd too. They are 'clean' and use a lot of Christian songs in the workouts too.
  • Blakelynn3
    Options
    Down 15 pounds since January 2nd.
    Still not exercising. :(

Pants are looser, weight loss is slow. Eating whatever I want as long as it fits in my cals for the day. Been on nightshift for 5 months, still feel like I'm getting "adjusted." Too tired to work out when I get up (plus that's when I cook) and too tired when I get home in the mornings. Struggling to find a balance. I'll get there one day. As Dory says, just keep swimming.... :)

Congrats on 15lbs! I haven't been able to exercise as much as I'd like either, since I'm still recovering from a broken foot. :/ It'll all come together eventually as long as we keep trying!
  • Blakelynn3
    Options
    Still hanging in, I think this is the longest I have stuck with anything so far, and it's been more of a lifestyle change than a diet so even though there have been a few hiccups & slumps in motivation, I've been able to pick myself up and carry on the next day.

So far, have lost 18lb (8 kg - 2kg to go till first goal is reached!)
    2 inches off waist & hips, and while I haven't gone down a clothes size yet, they just fit a bit better ( and looser!).

Loving being more active and getting out with my family for walks instead of being a couch potato, and they are all benefitting as well and getting fitter.

Loving watching how my mfp friends are all progressing as well and the support and motivation we have all been giving each other - you're all inspiring! :happy:

Congrats on the weight loss! I also definitely credit my MFP friends for keeping me motivated for so long! :)
  • Blakelynn3
    Options
    Chipping away. I am also having problems to get motivated to hit the gym! Managing to stay close to my calorie budget. Most weeks average out, though.

Bit by bit, and I am still losing. I started at just over 240, and I want to get down to the neighborhood of 135. I still have a fierce sweet tooth, but I am coming up with different ways to cope with it and work around it.

My doctor was really, really impressed with my a1c drop, so that's really encouraging,

Congrats on the weight loss & the good report with the doctor! Share your sweet tooth secrets! haha
  • Blakelynn3
    Options
    Absolutely lovin it. But then I've only been at it for 3 weeks. : )

Having a discussion with the spouse-man-guy about the gym. It is 25 miles one way to go there. Have to make sure the motivation and commitment are there before forking over the $$

I've been having that same discussion. I just have to prove my motivation will stick first. I haven't been able to get in as much exercise in at home as I'd like due to my schedule so I figure once I am consistent with getting in at least 3 days in at home for a while, I'll be able to convince him (but mostly myself) that a gym membership is a good idea and not a waste of money.
  • Blakelynn3
    Options
    Still plugging away... a few pds at a time... : ) I am down about 25 pds since January 7th.... and trying to decrease my time as I prepare to run my 3rd 5k.....

Congrats on the weight-loss!! And good luck on the 5k! :)
  • kkgriggs
    kkgriggs Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hangin in...noticing trends and habits from logging since January. (Still have lots of bad habits...like weekends)
    Slow weight loss. I do come in within caloric goal. High fat ...low fiber need to change that around. Need more movtivation to excerise or even get up out of chair when I go home from work. Not giving up. :ohwell:
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options

If you like Zumba, look up Refit Rev on Facebook or Youtube. They have really good youtube videos with 45 minute playlists to get in a full workout. They just came out with a dvd too. They are 'clean' and use a lot of Christian songs in the workouts too.

I love Refit Rev. I haven't had a lot of opportunities to watch them. I don't have a lot of workout space in my room, and no access to YouTube in the living room, but I have them on my iPad.
  • deprek
    deprek Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm still working at this. And while I'm coming in under calories most days, I need to work on what I eat as well. I definitely could do better although I have been making much better choices and definitely choosing things I would not have in the past. And even if I'm having chips or fries or something not so good for you, I'm definitely have much less than I normally would. So I feel like it's still a win even if the weight is coming off slowly. I'm down about 14 pounds. I feel like my clothes are fitting better. I have a goal to get to 50 pounds by end of summer (my hubby said we can go to a B&B for the weekend when I hit 50 pounds) and once the weather breaks and I can get out and walk more I'm sure that will help with the loss.

I did lose 10 pounds before I started tracking so overall I'm happy with my progress thus far. I'm proud of myself and I want this to be something I can live with for the rest of my life.
  • wowie69
    wowie69 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Still plugging away here. It's been a challenging week to 10 days, but this far in would be very silly to backtrack. I'm really ready for spring! We just keep getting more and more snow here in Iowa and I'm ready for some warm, sunny weather! :sad:

I am sad that most of my friends that joined MFP a few weeks ago have all dropped off. But, that's their own journey, I cannot be responsible for their actions, just my own. So I keep plugging away.

My first big goal is in 2 weeks when hubby and I have a 3 day break for our anniversary. I'm not going to meet my original goal, but I will be within 10 pounds of it, so I will take that. I actually set the bar pretty high on that one (50# lost). But perhaps I'll make that by Easter.

Just looking forward to warmer weather and being able to get outside to exercise.