March 6, 2013

Options
Deuteronomy 6:6-7 (NIV)

"These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up."

I heard this morning on a TV show that a mother has allowed her 9-year old daughter to shop for panties and what-not at Victoria's Secret. She said something along the likes that she doesn't want her daughter to be seen in "ugly underwear". Really? Why is her daughters underwear important at 9-years old?

We, the parents, are the most influential people our children will ever encounter. We are responsible for teaching them right from wrong, good from bad, and let's not forget moral and ethical behavior. Today, little of that seems to be taught to the children. Instead, what's taught is the ME, ME, ME and NOW, NOW, NOW epidemic. Well enough is enough!

Teach and raise your children yourself. Don't let the teachers do it. Don't let the nanny do it. Don't let the neighbors do it. And for goodness sake...don't let the kid do it alone.

Replies

• Charles4Jesus
    Charles4Jesus Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    This goes along with the scripture I posted. Train them in the way they should go!
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I saw that this morning. Very important words and so true to form. I have done not been the best example for my daughters throughout their lives, making error after error. However, I did take them to church weekly and eventually, they made the decision. All I did was take them...it was their choice. They may stray, but they won't depart from God.
  • murphyannette
    Options
    Wow, coach, I'm just so outdone, that I don't even know what to say, but Lord help this mother, and any mother that thinks like her