DAY 4!!!!!!!

Options
martha1485
martha1485 Posts: 70 Member
Ok LADIES!!!! how are y'all doing???? how was the weekend!?!?!?!?!?! did you behave????? were you consistent with what you hope to achieve!!!!!

I gotta say I was NOT :( but I am wishing to meke up for it this week!!!!

Anyways... today is day 4 and although we were all extremely diligent in logging what our stats are and what we want to accomplish!!!!! I have yet to see someone log what they are doing to achieve it!!!!!

So I 'll start today I did day 1 of Jillian Michael's and a 45 minute pilates' class!!!!! Additionally I hope to be by 500 under my calorie goal... not because I am straving myself but because of the exercise done!!!! so how are you doing????

Let us know??????

Replies

• smexime
    smexime Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    HI :) I did a 5 mile hike today, walked 2 miles with my dog and did D1 L1 of JM 30 DS. I was just feeling really energetic today. Plus it allowed me to have one dark chocolate coconut creme egg!!!

I was kind of good through the weekened. I had Sunday off, no kind of exercise at all but I was consistent with exercise on Friday and Saturday so I don't feel too bad about Sunday. Meals were pretty good i did treat myself to a couple of cookies my mom made though, my sweet tooth sometimes gets the best of me :blushing:
    But overall I think so far so good :)
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Well, after 2 months of working out and eating low, I wasn't seeing results. Now, I'm finally seeing my body changing. What's different? I started eating more. I know I can lose by eating super low, I've done it many times before. But since I'm trying to get fit, I am exercising; and low cal doesn't allow me to do workouts, medium cals put me into a stall, so I've up-ed the cals and I think I've finally hit my "sweet spot". Gonna keep experimenting, which is why my diary is locked. (Here's a little secret, as long as my diary's locked, I've been eating chocolate! Naughty? Nah! It fits in my calorie "sweet spot" and I think dark chocolate is pretty healthy. I refuse to call myself 'naughty' as long as i see my body improving. :wink: :happy: ) I did intense 30min workouts for the past 2 months, so this month I'm shooting for 45-60 minutes (sometimes more, sometimes less) everyday. And since the weather is improving, walking outside. So far, so good. Did BFBM today.

Oh yeah, tried on jeans from my closet in the next size down (the only pair I have that size). They fit!!! Unfortunately they have a big hole in the inner thigh. :grumble: So, guess that means I'll be wearing drawstring pants and jeans with a belt until I get down to the NEXT next size. Whatever!! I was happy!!!
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!! I'm currently doing Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack! :) I just finished 30 Day Shred on Friday.
  • martha1485
    Options
    Great work ladies!!!! I just finished week 1 day 2 of RI30 and I am planning on adding the six week six pack workout tonight after pilates....

Fromhereonout quick question just how much did you up your calories????

I am struggling on actually establishing what is MY number so I am open to suggestions... usually I try to stay in the 1200s and dont' eat my exercise calories back but I am trying to lose weight in addition to getting fit.... so if anyone outhere has any piece of advice... feel free as I'm in desperate need of some!!!!

Have a nice day eveyone!!!
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options

Fromhereonout quick question just how much did you up your calories????

I did MFP's 1200 + exercise calories for only about 2 weeks and I kept reading forum posts about eating more and it made sense, plus I was hungry sometimes. So a friend said to never eat below BMR. So I changed my cals to BMR ~1680. But then i got scared. I recalculated BMR based on a lower weight (I have no idea what I weigh; I used last known weight, at first, but realized I had lost weight since then). Then I settled around 1580 + exercise calories and not much changed. Finally, I thought I was measuring food wrong, so I started logging 300cals to allow for poor measuring, but I'd almost always eat them back because I knew they were bogus. At that time I stopped eating exercise calories, but on a very active day, i'd eat more anyway. So I was around 1800 to 2300, and that's when I started to see a difference finally. I'd say I average around 2000/day over the week. But I am 5'8.5" (174cm) and have alot of weight to lose (GW= -3jean sizes).

Basically, my diary still says 1580 and has a Quick Add of 300 calories daily for poor measuring and I log "1 cal" for all my workouts, but I eat over goal daily to the tune of a total of 1900-2800 calories. As I said, I've been "experimenting", so it's really confusing. All I know is that I'm gonna exercise until I HAVE TO lose weight, no matter what I eat!! haha!
  • Dianafrance8
    Dianafrance8 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. My goal this month is to lose 5 lbs and to walk 150 miles.

1) haven't lost anything :(
    1) Have walked 16 miles so far-surprising :)

kind of have the flu right now, but am going to try to do my 5 miles today on my elliptical instead of outside or at the mall.
  • martha1485
    Options
    [/quote]

I did MFP's 1200 + exercise calories for only about 2 weeks and I kept reading forum posts about eating more and it made sense, plus I was hungry sometimes. So a friend said to never eat below BMR. So I changed my cals to BMR ~1680. But then i got scared. I recalculated BMR based on a lower weight (I have no idea what I weigh; I used last known weight, at first, but realized I had lost weight since then). Then I settled around 1580 + exercise calories and not much changed. Finally, I thought I was measuring food wrong, so I started logging 300cals to allow for poor measuring, but I'd almost always eat them back because I knew they were bogus. At that time I stopped eating exercise calories, but on a very active day, i'd eat more anyway. So I was around 1800 to 2300, and that's when I started to see a difference finally. I'd say I average around 2000/day over the week. But I am 5'8.5" (174cm) and have alot of weight to lose (GW= -3jean sizes).

Basically, my diary still says 1580 and has a Quick Add of 300 calories daily for poor measuring and I log "1 cal" for all my workouts, but I eat over goal daily to the tune of a total of 1900-2800 calories. As I said, I've been "experimenting", so it's really confusing. All I know is that I'm gonna exercise until I HAVE TO lose weight, no matter what I eat!! haha!
    [/quote]

Thanks...I think I might have to do a little experimenting myself.... as i seem to be going around the same 3 pounds over and under for the last couple of weeks.... but your input really helped I think I might need to have a new look at my BMR and TDEE. thanks
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I have been doing my C25K and today I added a workout from bodyrock tv. Oh my, I almost threw up. I did not think it looked that tough, but I had to walk off some of the moves because I really thought I was going to throw up. Now, just getting ready to do my interval run for the day.

Hope everyone has a great day!