Anyone in Los Angeles wants a new British friend?

Options
Hi all

My name is Joya, Im 30, 5'5 tall and my goal is 1300-ish cals a day. :)

I am probably moving over to Los Angeles with my boyfriend in January (not a definite date yet) and I would really like to have some new friends from Los Angeles. I would love for someone to show me good spots for running and go coffees with. Perhaps you could show me some good gyms etc as I have never been to the States.

I am currently living in France even though I am originally from London.

Here's to new friendships!

J

Replies

• novabrite
    novabrite Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I wish I could help! I live in San Diego, not LA, but I still might be able to direct you to some cool LA attractions. Best of luck with the move!
  • UnderCoverShyGirl
    UnderCoverShyGirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm not a runner or a fitness expert by any means, so i may not be much help in that area (though i probably know people with info!) but love my English friends and always love to add new ones! I live in Pasadena, just outside of LA, and am happy to provide you any info i can, or meet up or what not :-) Here's to new friends!
  • theosgoods
    theosgoods Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Joya,

I grew up in a suburb of Los Angeles, a city named Whittier. Whittier is in the Southeast portion of LA county. I visited Los Angeles on occasion as my grandmother lived not far from the civic center. My parents also lived not far from my grandmother prior to buying the house where I grew up. That was before I was born, and during their courtship. As a young adult (in the early to mid 80's) I lived in the Culver City/Marina Del Rey area due to a friend I attended technical school with and because of employment opportunities which were far greater than where I was from. I lived there for 6 years. Since then, I've lived in San Diego and now settled in Orange County.

I'm very familiar with LA, that is the Westside portion of LA and a little bit about the South Bay area. Can you tell me what part of Los Angeles, or cities you're interested in moving to? I would be very happy to help you with the lay of the land, areas to stay away from and areas that are hip to be in.

Regards,

Bob
  • uberkrafty
    uberkrafty Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi all

My name is Joya, Im 30, 5'5 tall and my goal is 1300-ish cals a day. :)

I am probably moving over to Los Angeles with my boyfriend in January (not a definite date yet) and I would really like to have some new friends from Los Angeles. I would love for someone to show me good spots for running and go coffees with. Perhaps you could show me some good gyms etc as I have never been to the States.

I am currently living in France even though I am originally from London.

Here's to new friendships!

J

If you ever make it out to Anaheim (I'm near Disneyland) -- give a shoutout! Interestingly enough your stats are so similar to mine :) I'm 30, 5'4" and shooting for 1250-1300/day. I'm not a big runner/gym rat though. I'm more of a yoga person :laugh:
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hi! I currently live in Claremont but work in Orange, California. Where in LA are you going to be moving. Depending on where you live, I could give you a few places to check out.