Reverse Diet

Options
Hey Sara And Side Steel.

Thought that you might want to put a post up about this similar to your IFYM. I would just like to know how you guys try to set yours up. Do you add in calories in general? Do you start to reduce protein and increase other macros? How slow do you try to reverse? Does the speed of reversing depend on the length and severity of the deficit? I would love to get your opinions on this.

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Poop - missed this one earlier...so tagging to get to it soon.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Just so I can understand information said here. . .what is reverse dieting?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Just so I can understand information said here. . .what is reverse dieting?

It is working your way up to maintenance after dieting.
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Ah I see :) Why would you change macros?
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Ah I see :) Why would you change macros?

I typically increase CHO to facilitate the increase in calories for reversing, but admittedly, I'm not well read on this. Ill do some reading before going into more detail.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Clarification - are your talking about reversing to then bulk, or just reversing to maintain?
  • jdholland5508
    jdholland5508 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Reversing to bulk.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Sorry - dropped off the radar so bumping.
  • jdholland5508
    Options
    I realize that you guys are pretty swamped with posts so I'll try to close this myself. I think my I'm going to add back in about 150 cals a week of mostly carbs and fat. I think that your protein requirement actually drops slightly when you increase calories but I'm going to still aim for about 1g/lb. This is will take me to my theoretical maintenance is about 3 weeks if and to a 1/2 pound per week bulk in about 5 weeks. I think I will reassess from there. Unless you guys have objections to this we can consider this topic closed.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I realize that you guys are pretty swamped with posts so I'll try to close this myself. I think my I'm going to add back in about 150 cals a week of mostly carbs and fat. I think that your protein requirement actually drops slightly when you increase calories but I'm going to still aim for about 1g/lb. This is will take me to my theoretical maintenance is about 3 weeks if and to a 1/2 pound per week bulk in about 5 weeks. I think I will reassess from there. Unless you guys have objections to this we can consider this topic closed.

This sounds reasonable to me.
  • jdholland5508
    Options

This sounds reasonable to me.

Lock it down then. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.