March 6th

Options
Morning all! Well I got up to do the shred at 5:15am so I can fit it in before work. Not sure how long I'll keep that up but we'll see!

This has been the first day that I've noticed a real difference. Yes it was still tough, but I felt fitter and stronger. Instead of the 1 measly full push up I could do when I started I actually managed 5. :laugh: Small steps, but at least an improvement.

I daren't think about level 2 yet but I do feel more positive. Good luck with it today everyone. :smile:

Replies

• CrimeanGurl
    CrimeanGurl Posts: 103
    Options
    Way to go! Still night time here :) Will be doing day 6 first thing in the morning.
  • EasyKeeper8
    EasyKeeper8 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done by 6:00 am! I feel stronger and almost all the soreness is gone. Still can't do too many full push ups, but the half push ups feel pretty challenging! My hubs stoked the wood stove at 5, and it was like hot yoga 30 day shred! Sweaty!! :)
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5am to workout...I know how you feel. Day 2 level 2 for me.
  • adianeschu
    adianeschu Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Level 1, day 6 done! Today's my daughter's birthday kinda reminds me why I'm trying to get fit. I want to be here along time for her and me! Have a great day!
  • Hiskhaleesi
    Hiskhaleesi Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 6 to be completed this afternoon. I've had to ditch the high impact cardio and just do the lower impact because it wasn't being good to my knees at all, but overall I feel so much stronger and can SEE the difference already.
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Morning all! level 1 Day 4 done! Not quite as sore. Hopefully endurance will start to build :-) at least I can get thru the whole thing with only little pause here and there.
  • joeymalone142
    Options
    I hope I can get to day 7 today! We have a plumber here this morning, and I missed my usual time. I am really feeling like I do not want to miss today though, and am going to have to fit it in some how! I just feel like I do not want to miss out on the results. I am already seeing some and I want to KEEP IT UP! :)
  • kaekencoffee
    kaekencoffee Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    WOW! Day 6 DONE! Yup, getting easier but I'm finding I change weights for the different strength exercises.

Lovin' gettin' my butt kicked though!

Now, onto the 50 miles in March!!! It's a running day.
  • blasian603
    blasian603 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Done @ 5:30am!! I have been trying to get 30DS out of the way in the morning before work because I typically go to the gym after work 3-4 times a week. Trying to do 30DS after working out at the gym is TORCHEROUS!! It's so much easier doing it after a good night's rest and fresh muscles!! :)

Day 6 down, 24 more to go!!

BTW...someone asked in March 5th's discussion if there was anyone else doing 30 days straight with no rest days. I am. (at least I'm going to try really hard!)

Good luck everyone! Happy Hump Day!!
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Okay, my goal was to do this every day plus other work outs (I've gotten in a good groove of going to the gym so I don't want to lose that momentum). However, I found that after doing cardio and strength at the gym yesterday I didn't have enough stamina to do the 30DS. I've heard that Jillian actually said during a podcast to do 2 days of 30DS, 1 Day Cardio, 2 Days of 30DS, 1 for Cardio and then rest. I think I'm going to have to do something similar to that. I just started this journey on January 7th and have a LOT of weight to lose. Hopefully, as I get better, my stamina will be better too but for now my goal is to not burn out.

That means today is a 30 DS day for me and I'm going after it during lunch today!!!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    Did day six, found I wasn't as energetic as previous days, but still did it. I think part of it is the fact that my fifteen day vacation ends at 7 tonight and I"m just grumpy. Definitely less sore overall. Yesterday the abs felt really tight in the afternoon.

About to start working and wondering how it'll be when I get home from a 12 hour night shift and will try to do this before I collapse in bed.
  • Heidi_20
    Heidi_20 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Day 6 done!!! Rest day tomorrow for me!!! Might do some walking but no lifting! Def can't do 7 days in row!! Although I am feeling better than ever!!
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone, you're doing great!
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Working up the motivation for day 6.

It's not easy to get off my butt right now. I tell you that much. I'm so lazy.
  • CrimeanGurl
    CrimeanGurl Posts: 103
    Options
    Done with day 6th as well. Felt a bit dizzy this morning but still have done a pretty good job.
  • Hiskhaleesi
    Hiskhaleesi Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Did day six, found I wasn't as energetic as previous days, but still did it.

I have to agree here!
  • stormyyyaurora
    Options
    I really admire anyone who gets up that early to squeeze in their workout before their daily activities- or who squeezes it in so late at night just because that's the only time! Any sort of dedication like that is seriously inspirational, so thanks for that ladies! I just started the 30 day shred today and I'm excited for the end results.
  • doodlemeg
    doodlemeg Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Finished day six!

Getting close to finishing level one is both exciting and daunting. Exciting because I will have stuck with exercising for 10 days and daunting because I've gotten to somewhat enjoy level one and I don't know what level 2 holds.

Nonetheless I am loving this group and the 30DS!
  • TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    L1D2 done! (fell behind :sad: )
  • scarletspy
    scarletspy Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done! Managed to do more of the jumping jacks than before. :happy: