new to the group

Options
Hi my name is Katie. I am new to the group. I am a recovering binge eater and recently began to make a change in how I eat. I would love to have a lot of binge eating support friends. I struggled with binge eating since age 9 but it really emerged when my dad got sick with cancer and died when I was 15. I shot up to 250+ pounds and wore a size 26W. I am now at 188 pounds. but i fight everyday not to over eat.

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group.
    I am a Kate/Katie/Katharine myself.
    I struggle also with binge eating and have done since a young age(after being abused), but also struggle with bulimic tendencies, so a mix.
    Feel free to add me for support.
  • esballet
    esballet Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I'm also new:)
  • Linzbit
    Linzbit Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too, I'm pretty new too! x
  • rincoglionita
    rincoglionita Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi, Katie. This is a great group, very supportive. You're welcome to add me, too. Today is day 45 on MFP for me, and about 48 or 49 of days without bingeing, after 35+ years of struggling with binge eating disorder.

poppy
  • hthompso
    hthompso Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new too to this group. I am a binge eater from a young age as well. I look forward to reading posts from everyone supporting each other. I feel very isolated with this issue. I don't know anyone in my circle of friends with this type of issue and they have a hard time wrapping their brain around it. Well me too :-) I guess you all know what I am talking about.
  • operavagabond
    operavagabond Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! I struggle with BE every day and it's nice to meet others who understand what it takes to make it through the day!
  • Chasinadream
    Chasinadream Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Shandy! I am a self diagnosed binge / emotional eater and I am hoping that I can find support and ideas through this group! I think I have always struggled to have a healthy relationship with food but since becoming a stay at home mother to 3 wonderful children and wife to a hardworking hubby my eating has taken on a whole new level of dysfunction.