New to the group and starting week 2 today

Options
Hi, I am 45 years old and started running just recently. I have always been a swimmer. I could walk for hours. But running is a new experience. I do the program with my 13 year old daughter, it was really fun in week 1. So I am very confident about week 2.
I will read through all your advices and hope to run my first 5k in May.

If you are also new to the program feel free to add me, I am sure there will be days when I/we need all the encouragement we can get.

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Yay you! Glad you found this group.
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    I am glad too, it is very motivating to read from others who became runners.

I got running socks today and I did my running training with my son today. We did W2D2. We chose a new route not to get bored. It was very windy and cold and I had a hard time in the beginning. After we were done with the C25K program we were quite far away from our house and I was finally really warm so I decided to run instead of walk home. I ran the whole 9 minutes without a stop! I admit, I am really proud of myself.
  • badzoe
    badzoe Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I just did w2d1 today! It would have been great, but the app had some issues and so did my 7 yo daughter!
  • mamakira
    Options
    Oh no! I run with my 13year old daughter, sometimes with my 16 year old son, so not so many issues with them. But still struggling with my cellphone, I can´t hear the voice and hate headphones but I will figure that out.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I'm starting C25K this month if the snow starts to clear away! I just wanted to know how you found the first week, was it hard or easy for you? Did you have trouble getting out the door sometimes?
  • mamakira
    Options
    First week was easy runningwise. Also 2nd week is going good. The biggest challenge is to get dressed and get out of the house as it is still very cold, windy and sometimes icy here.
    No worries, it is very exciting to see the progress.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Tommygirl: The biggest challenge for a lot of people is getting your shoes on. It's true of committed athletes as well :) Good luck to you!
  • angels_09
    Options
    Im on week 2 also. Im 49 and totally new to exercise period but I do feel better after my runs but Im not going to lie I am getting nervous about the weeks to come. I have been encouraged by this group and I believe its going to be a big help. Maybe the group will help us both!!
  • bamar123
    bamar123 Posts: 8
    Options
    I am on week 1. Having never run in my life, finding 1 min jog a minor challenge.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Great job, Angels and Bamar! You've already overcome the biggest hurdle. Keep us posted on how its going.
  • mamakira
    Options
    Did W3D2 yesterday with an extra 5 min. run at the end. It went really well, I am surprised myself. I never thought I could run. This program is a major boost for my self confidence, I love it!
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! It is a great feeling;)