Starting Insanity on March 17th - have a question!

Options
mag2906
mag2906 Posts: 57 Member
I just ordered Insanity and planning to start on March 18th.
I'm going on holidays on June 19th - which gives me 13 weeks to work out.
I'd like to do month 1 twice and then month 2 since I don't feel strong enough for month 2 (and also because I have some extra time).
Unfortunately, I have time to do only one recovery week which would mean I'll have to do 8 weeks of month 1, recovery week and 4 weeks of month 2.

In your opinion, is it really bad to skip recovery week if I'm not progressing into month 2?
I guess, I'll find out soon enough. lol But would love some feedback.

ETA: I'm starting on Monday (March 18th). The title is wrong. ;)

Replies

• s_reynolds777
    s_reynolds777 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You just might be amazed how you feel after the 1st month. But what if you did 7 weeks of month 1? If you don't want to do that then I'd definately save the recovery week for between the 1st and second month before you step it up.
  • Beata375
    Beata375 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't skip the recovery week. Your body needs it (and honestly it feels GREAT after all the hard work!) Good luck! I loved the rush of Insanity! LOVED it!
  • currlee
    currlee Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I loved Recovery Week. I'm probably going to do it again at the end(I finish in a week), just cuz. I wouldn't skip it; thats when I started noticing changes.
  • greeenerone
    Options
    Don't skip the recovery week, it's still great exercise. I would suggest that you follow the programme through as it is. If you repeat month 1 you might get bored before the month is over and it could disorient you. I think it would be easier to finish and restart the entire programme.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    how do you know you wont be strong enough fo rmonth 2? i would say do the whole programme and then you can repeat a month after that if you want. i am half way through month 1 and i think i would get bored doing it again before moving onto month 2.
  • difazio42
    difazio42 Posts: 13
    Options
    your body will definitely need the recovery week if you're doing 6 days a week of insanity. I am already quite fit but have had to decrease to 4-5 days a week of insanity because i was getting injuries.
  • mag2906
    mag2906 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions. I'm getting a little OCD here, I may as well make that decision once I'm done with 1st month.
    I don’t get bored with workout easily. I did level 1 of 30 day shred for 20 days… lol I was sooo out of shape.
    Anyway, the most important thing is to get going. Thanks again!
  • ASecretBobby
    ASecretBobby Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am only into week 2 so by no means an expert but I find that the program is set up to work u harder indifferent body areas each day so it would not harm tot do the whole thing then start month 1 with new strength level. The progression is awesome