Update Time!

Options
breezedaze
breezedaze Posts: 357 Member
Hey there!

I have a cold and I'm on deadline but I am here and checking in every day!

I had honey baked lentils..oh so yummy...ate 2 servings!

How is everybody?

Replies

• bakerbecky4733
    bakerbecky4733 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am coming down with a cold as well....had corned beef and cabbage, potatos and carrots for dinner....it was absolutely delish and I couldn't believe how much meat I had for 3 ounces (hubby weighed it for me)...didn't do my walk but did do my 30DS....made it through 5 days so far!!
  • beachlover0103
    beachlover0103 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    That's great! I'm sick also. I think in getting a sinus infection but I did squats pushups and my streching but was so dizzy after I decided not to do any more.

Once I'm better,I'm going to try the 30d shred.
  • breezedaze
    Options
    I let go of the idea of starting an exercise program this week. With the cold, the double deadline, husband away, and just overall reality I decided it wasn't worth it.

This is a long term project right? I do want more natural activity but it's too cold to walk with a cold and the gym is just too much.

I will eat well, heal and move forward.

Weighed today and stayed the same since Monday.

That's just fine by me!
  • kiannarb
    kiannarb Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I, too, was also sick for a few days. But today, I'm going back to the gym and following both my workout routine and watching my food intake. :happy:
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I think I'm almost over my cold from last week. But I sure received a poke in the shoulder when I didn't get very much sleep Monday night. It almost came back. Now I'm working really hard this week to do all I need to do AND get my sleep so I can finish getting over this cold. I'm back in the swing of things here at MFP. We (my family) are on our 4th day of Induction for New Atkins. Wow - we are all looking forward to stage 2 where we get to have things like blueberries back. It's really HARD to keep the energy up with only 20 to 30 grams of carbs. I am working to re-set my metabolism and that's what I'm doing, I hope. I don't think we will be extending induction beyond the 2 weeks. But having no processed grains or grains of any kind on the menu has really woken us all up to how much of our diet they were. And fruit. We all ate up to 7 servings a day. Sugar addiction much? Yeah, I would say so.
  • breezedaze
    Options
    i am totally off grains/wheat for a long while now...and it's kind of become second nature. Today I had a nice soup I made and some mashed potatoes..and a protein shake..that's it the entire day..and I'm not hungry..but feel stuffed..strange.

I just feel blah from the cold.

I may have a little more soup before bed...I think I need to eat a tad more.

but day 3 of the cold is def a turning point..throat isn't sore and headache isn't as bad.

I submitted 3/4 stories to the paper..one isn't due until Sunday so I'll write tomorrow, edit Saturday and submit as well on Saturday. We are taking the kids to do something this weekend...my husband will be back..I am so excited.

I've missed him..he's been home 24 hours in 2 weeks 3 days..not enough.

Cheers
  • Soarbeyond45
    Options
    I was hit hard last tuesday with a stomach bug and didn't do anything(including work) for 4 days. Luckily I got sick right after my 4 mile run and than managed to get my 6 miler in on Sunday. Looking forward to eating and working out this week!
  • breezedaze
    Options
    I weighed this morning and was down .6lbs for a total of 6.4lbs since I started so I'm happy. That is a month or so of trying.

I knew I was retaining fluids due to my period so I skipped regular weigh in

And went crazy with water yesterday.

Paid off...

I'm starting walking today..the gym seems to be not in the cards this week.

But the weather is good.

Cheers.
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    hope everyone is doing good..