Do you work out on your "day off" for insanity??

Options
groversa
groversa Posts: 450 Member
I am officially through week one!!
Today is my first day off, but I feel weird about it, I feel like I should go workout, not necessarily insanity but even the elliptical or something.
Do you work out on your day off? It is bad to? Good to? Just want to know how others are getting successful results!

:)

Replies

• mag2906
    mag2906 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I haven't started yet but I already know that Sunday will be my day off... from everything (well almost) that includes my day job, household work and workouts too.
    Monday to Friday, my schedule is really crazy. I leave for work at 7am, I'm back 12 hour later. If I want to get 7 hours of sleep, I have 4 hour window to do everything.
    No working out on day off for me, plus I think it is really good to have some rest. Over doing it will not get you better results (even if it feels like it).
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I am officially through week one!!
    Today is my first day off, but I feel weird about it, I feel like I should go workout, not necessarily insanity but even the elliptical or something.
    Do you work out on your day off? It is bad to? Good to? Just want to know how others are getting successful results!

:)

I look forward to the rest day, insanity kills me!!! Apart from a walk I wouldn't ever consider working out on rest day!

But that's just me!
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    My rest day is also my fast day so no workout for me :wink:
  • greeenerone
    Options
    My day off is on a Monday, so I just enjoy it but I walk around feeling like I need to accomplish something that day.
  • Callalili
    Callalili Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I rest. Although this week I did do the fourth fit test on rest day instead of doubling up the next day.
  • dsendre
    dsendre Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I always take a day off of working out after doing 6 consecutive days of Insanity workouts. Your body needs the rest after all the work you've done on it. You have to give your body a day to recoup. However, like others have said, I do feel strange on the off days like I should be working out or something.

Right now, I'm getting that same feeling during the Recover Week in between Month 1 and Month 2. You still do Core Cardio & Balance every day, but it's not the same intense workout you're used to. I find it leaves me feeling as though I still have more to do. However, I'm definitely noticing that my body is less sore and stronger than it's been the previous weeks. Good thing because I'm pretty sure I'm going to need it come next week when I start Month 2!
  • groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the responses!
  • carolvbuenoss
    Options
    Sometimes I workout on my Rest days, but don't ever ...
    For example, today is my rest day, but I'll do my Fit test 4 (because tomorrow is a day of Max Interval Circuit and this is really insanity and I took 1 hour doing this).
    I know like Insanity is addicting, but you should get some rest.
    I think that one "day off " per week is needed , because the body needs to relax a little...
  • KenyanInDC
    KenyanInDC Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I try to run all my errands on my rest days and always walk to them, not matter how far they are. I walk to the 3rd farthest grocery store from me instead of one that is half a block from my apartment.