Exercise

Options
What are some of your favorite types of exercise? cardio, weight training, walking

Replies

• iheartwhitetea
    iheartwhitetea Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My favorites are jogging/running and a few programs I've been on: 30 Day Shred, and POP Pilates! Helps to burn calories with cardio plus build muscle and tone up! Plus, the 30DS videos workouts are only 20-25 minutes long, and the POP Pilates videos vary in length from 5 minutes to around 30, so their super easy to fit into my schedule! 30 Day Shred is not free, but POP Pilates is - her videos can be found on youtube by searching for POP Pilates. Cassey talks a lot and sometimes squeaks, but is very positive and she makes me laugh. It's strangely motivating and her positivity can be contagious...
  • lovely_nicole
    Options
    THANKS
  • carringk
    carringk Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi just joined this group! I am starting the 30 day shred tomorrow! I had a baby in October and have about 12 lbs to get to pre baby weight!
  • BunnyBabyDoll
    Options
    I started the Insanity 60 Challenge Monday and boy let me tell you, lol. I think this is def going to give me the results I am looking for :D
  • ath1985
    ath1985 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I work out at the gym and run occasionally. I've done 30 day shred before and loved it! I had to mix other stuff in with it though cause it got monotonous.
  • kabarnes45
    kabarnes45 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've been doing low intensity lately trying to get back on track since I have been in the bad pattern of being motivated Mon-Thurs and falling off the wagon Fri-Sun. I have done 30DS also and recommend it for sure. I found that I love programs with an end-date. It really motivates me to commit to 30 days of this or 60 days of that so that I'll do it even when I really don't want to. I thought BeFit in 90 on YouTube was pretty good too (and free). After I get a few good weeks under my belt, I think I'll start either Power 90 or BeFit Extreme. Any suggestions? Or someone want to buddy-up and tackle a program together?
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I am trying to run! I love it, but haven't been able to in the winter (too dark in the AM and PM when I am home from work)...can't wait to get started again!!!
  • NancyYMCA
    NancyYMCA Posts: 18
    Options
    Every other week, I teach a spinning class at my YMCA for my cardio, and I teach Bodypump for my strength training. The weeks I'm not teaching, I try to do my Wii Dance Dance, and practice Bodypump. But if I'm to be brutally honest, working out at home is not a strength I possess. But I babysit my granddaughter every other week (when I'm not teaching), and I bought a jogger stroller I hope to put to good use when the Indiana weather premits. :)