For Guys who want "Professional Women"

Options
2»

Replies

• RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Guess what.... there are many types of women in this world and many types of men. Everyone has there preferences for different reasons and that is fine. Don't let what some people think shape what you think of yourself. Find a career that you love and enjoy going to every day. Make it your passion. If you love your job, you will enjoy your life a whole lot more than if you worry about pleasing someone else. When you are enjoying your life, you are confident and sexy thus appealing more suitors.

Bottom line - There are many flavors of people in the world. Do what you love and love will follow.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    The guy knows what he wants. While that might eliminate some people from his dating pool that's fine. My guess is he's looking for a woman that serves a more traditional role and will be more accessible to him. "Executives" tend to be married to their job, regardless of gender, so if a guy wants his woman to be around it makes sense.

This is what I was going for but not have stated it correctly.
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    what's wrong with cops? lol

idk if i would specifically go out of my way to date 'em but i'm not sure i would turn one away? hmm

Too many of my family members are involved in extra cirricular activities that could be frowned upon.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Career does not matter. I do, however, prefer someone who is passionate about whatever they do or at least making progress towards doing something they can feel good about.

That passion may not be their 9-5, it may be what their 9-5 supports as long as their job does not make them miserable.

No cops, though. :)

Pretty much this, minus the cop part.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Maybe I am not getting it right but I think some guys think there is a difference between a women that has a profession over a career woman.

Career comes across as someone that is "power hungry" and wants to push for their career to the highest level possible. Example Hillary Clinton

A women that has a profession is someone that is usually in a lower to mid level position that their life doesn't revolve around their job but is a stable job 8-5 job.

I think you're spot on.

I hate to bring up The Rules Revisited again, but he just made a post about how feminine women get more men as opposed to less feminine women. He says you can still have your career and personality, but to match it, let your femininity shine.

On another note, if all the conversation you have is regarding work, you should (you in a general term) should read more, or find a hobby so you can have other things to talk about. I think people get annoyed when all you can talk about is your career because it might come off as bragging. Have other interests and make it clear that despite being XYZ at your company, that is just a small part of you and your personality.
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Yippi I qualify. (health care..secure, geeky job :)

Most guys I've talked to don't seem to be all that interested in what I do more or less that I'm not about to ask them to pay my bills...I think men just want the woman to be stable enough to take care of herself...and not mooch off them.

Its women that are picker in general about what a man does...for me I really also just want the man to be able to take care of himself and not mooch off of me. And be intelligent and hard working at what ever he does..hopefully have passion about it..or a hobby that he's passionate about so he's not some zombie just existing...I want someone with a lust for life.
  • nhsoprano
    nhsoprano Posts: 129
    Options
    So an opera singer...???

It's always so weird for me in the dating world, because guys ask what I do for a living. Well, I work for an insurance company making enough to cover the bills. I guess I fall into the category of working to support my passion, because I hate talking about my job, but I can talk anyone's ear off about music, especially opera!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    So an opera singer...???

It's always so weird for me in the dating world, because guys ask what I do for a living. Well, I work for an insurance company making enough to cover the bills. I guess I fall into the category of working to support my passion, because I hate talking about my job, but I can talk anyone's ear off about music, especially opera!

I'm with you right now, I'm working until I finish school and then I'm gonna have the coolest job ever. So I'll be flippant and dismissive about my receptionist job, but I will talk your ear off about the African serval I volunteer with!
  • azhcanedition
    azhcanedition Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I always thought of Professional being used two ways: a euphemism for high paying job or a job that basically requires a masters or bachelors degree to get. It didn't really matter what kind of job, but the implication of high pay and long hours comes with it. At least, that's my take.

As far as my own concerns, I just simply want my potential gal would be able to do her fair share of the bills and stuff. Of course, through legal means.