Goal weight

I am so very new to this, lol. Anyway my doctor gave me a goal weight range of 150-160. But the way my leader is talking they want a specific weight. However my doctor was not comfortable giving a set number just the range.

Replies

• Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Tell your doctor that it really is a weight range.

For example if your goal weight is 160 pounds.
    To keep your KOPS status you can weigh up to 3 pounds over (163) and up to 7 pounds under (153).

TOPS.org has literature you can print out to explain TOPS to your doctor that might reassure him.
  • Pegasusonfire
    Pegasusonfire Posts: 41 Member
    ok thanks I will have to look at that. I tried to explain that to him, but you know... I am still no where near that weight anyway so we have time to pin down an exact weight.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    I read the TOPS rules and here is the official scoop:
    To become a KOPS, a member must secure, on official letterhead or prescription blank, from a licensed healthcare professional*, a signed and dated statement, prescribing goal weight.

* Licensed healthcare professionals include: medical doctor (MD), osteopath (DO), chiropractor (DC), psychiatrist (MD/PhD), registered nurse (RN), nurse practitioner (NP), physician’s assistant (PA), nutritionist (RD and others), and dietitian (RD and others).
    EDIT: Sorry about all the edits. I cannot type today.
  • Harlemite
    Harlemite Posts: 62 Member
    I am so very new to this, lol. Anyway my doctor gave me a goal weight range of 150-160. But the way my leader is talking they want a specific weight. However my doctor was not comfortable giving a set number just the range.

I asked my medical provider (PA) for a BEGINNING WEIGHT GOAL and that ended the discussion on the weight range goal. Hope that helps. :-)