Hello I'm new too

Options
Hollyaw24
Hollyaw24 Posts: 26 Member
I just got my bodymedia fit core in the mail yesterday. I want to play with it but I have a hard deadline at work. If I don't finish it today I have to work Monday. So....I'll start playing with it tonight. I look forward to learning from all of you!

Stats: 41 (42 next month), 5'5", Current weight 180 lbs goal weight 130 lbs. I gained 35-40 lbs in the past year due to my inability to deal with some life stress. (Yes, as much as a pregnancy, but I was not pregnant, just stressed)
I am now back on the way to a healthy me!

Replies

• elaine_des
    elaine_des Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    welcome! I just got my BMF for Christmas, wore it for the first time yesterday! It took me a while to set up my account for some reason my computer would just not do it.. so I tried it on my son computer and it work right away.

I am 33, 5'6" current weight 150, goal is 135 (i started at 182) you can add me as friend if you want
  • FarmerLynn7
    FarmerLynn7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've been using mine for a week now and really like it. It was just a rough week to start with all the Christmas feasting :D

I'm 35, 5'3" and 240 with a goal of 120. I hope the half of me I lose is the bad half lol

I sent you ladies requests if you are interested in a BMF friend.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Hope you love it as much as I love my Link. Used it this past year to lose the last 24 lbs. and now I'm using it for maintenance. It's so useful knowing what I'm burning every day. I'm around all the time for motivation if you are looking for BMF friends, but I'll warn you, I'm pretty straightforward and like to give constructive advice, not just attagirls.
  • mijohnst
    Options
    Hi all, I'm new here too and just purchased my BodyMedia device last week. I'm hoping it will help keep me accountable...plus I like numbers. About 1.5 years ago I was a runner. I ran my first marathon weighing in at 172 lbs. In the process of that something happened in my ankle which causes me pain when I run now. Four doctors later they still can't tell me what's wrong. Depression and laziness have been in full effect since then bringing along 30 pounds. Sorry, long introduction here... Looking for new friends to be encouraged by and to encourage.

I'm 5"10, 198 lbs with a goal of 165 in the next 5 months.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I've been using mine for a few days. Finding it says my burn is much higher than my Fitbit/ HRM said. Hope it's correct!!!
  • kimw913
    Options
    I'm new too! This is my third day with my BMF Link. It is awesome to see what I am actually burning, and it motivated me last night to do a lot more at the gym than I originally planned to. I'm hoping to get the encouragement I need using MFP and my BMF. I have been on a medically supervised diet since September and have been going to a support group once a week. However, I am two weeks away from being done with the program and I am worried about reaching my goal on my own. I've lost almost 39 lbs on the program. I am now in transition, which means I am slowly reintroducing food to my body. I am concerned about eating and still being able to lose weight. I am 5'9 and 185 lbs, my goal is to get to 160.
  • dmw45
    dmw45 Posts: 73
    Options
    I got mine yesterday and I'm really excited to see real time accurate info about how many calories I've actually burned. I love gadgets and statistics and charts so I'm hopeful this is the thing that will finally work for me!

Please add me as a friend!

Im a female, about to turn 45, somehow I have 30 extra pounds on me. Idont know how it happened. I was okay with the 15 extra and walked round like that for the last 10 years but somehow now its 30.

I'm already on the right path and I love this thing. Its easy to wear and I love to look at the data. It makes me want to move around more to watch the numbers go up!

I'm going to a Yoga class now. Interested to see what the numbers do but im a little nervous about what if people ask about it.
  • vkmcewen
    vkmcewen Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've had my BMF since Thanksgiving and have lost 12 of my 20# goal. I turn 40 next month, and our only kids are 4-legged. As for what to say when people ask, I love telling others about it. I'm a huge fan. I have fantasized about responding with, 'It's a requirement of my parole' but I haven't gotten up the nerve...
    :) Victoria
  • dmw45
    dmw45 Posts: 73
    Options
    ha! I might use that one ;) No one said a word about it in yoga class so I feel more comfortable about wearing it in public. Its pretty comfortable and I forget I have it on.
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I ordered my BodyMedia Core from HSN over the earlier this week and am expecting it to arrive a week from today.

I am 38 and have hit a major plateau and am hoping this will kick start things for me.

Add me as a friend if you need/want more BMF friends!

Michelle
  • Dav_G
    Dav_G Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey guys I'm new too. Well I've had MFP acc for a while. Have just started putting it to full use recently as my weight Yo Yo's up and down a lot. But after ordering BM Link from amazon(arriving soon I hope) I'm convinced with this device my weight will be easier to maintain once I get there again! Good Luck to everyone.

Add me also if you like :)
  • thinagain2014
    thinagain2014 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just got my BMF yesterday so today is my official first day! I'm hoping to start seeing the scale go down!
  • mad923
    mad923 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm not new to BMF + MFP, but I've just started a new training program push, so I'm 'new again' ;-)
    I'm 5'6" and am at 165lbs, shooting for 140lbs and the ability to complete a 5K without walking.