New to the group!!

Options
sarahbw22
sarahbw22 Posts: 130 Member
Hi ladies!

I just wanted to take a minute an introduce myself. I have been a member of MFP since about August and I made great progress. And then a couple of months ago I let everything just fall to pieces. Well, I'm over that and moving on. I am 5'9 and weigh 156 pounds. I'm still in the normal range, but I'm a skinny fat girl. I look good in clothes and then I take them off and it's just straight up gross. Everything is loose, flabby, pasty white and not attractive. Being thin and fit was always so natural to me. I was a ballet dancer for many many years when I was growing up. And then I hit 18 and stopped dancing. It took some time, but it finally caught up to me. (Dam you mom. Yes, you were right, it did catch up to me.) And then I got engaged and married and it was straight down hill from there. This time 3 years ago I was around 137 pounds and even then I thought I was overweight. And that's what made me realize it's not about just losing some pounds, but it's also about sculpting my body and giving it some shape and firmness again. (Oh how I miss that rock hard body I once had!!)

And then I found this group! When I would tell people I wanted to lose weight, they would look at me like I had 3 heads and say that I'm already skinny. They just don't understand that there's a difference between being thin and fit as opposed to just thin. So I'm very happy to of found a group with women who are going through the same thing. Please feel free to add me as a friend. I'm very encouraging and try to comment on everything that people post. I just ask that you return the favor! :)

-Sarah

Replies

• DanceGirl0309
    DanceGirl0309 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah! I'm also new to this board and was also a dancer! Nice to meet you!
  • sarahbw22
    Options
    Hi Sarah! I'm also new to this board and was also a dancer! Nice to meet you!

Same to you!!
  • sun_n_jazz
    sun_n_jazz Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah!

I'm new to this group too. :) I'll add you!
  • sarahbw22
    Options
    Hi Sarah!

I'm new to this group too. :) I'll add you!

Awesome!