Dukan Questions - Help!

Options
Hi all,

I'm new to this group so I hope you don't mind me piping up but I just started doing Dukan this week and I have a few questions I'd love help with!?

1. I was really strict all Monday and Tuesday but then had a birthday dinner on Tuesday night - I ate normally... Does this bring mean that the work put in Monday/Tuesday meant nothing?

2. I know the book says you shouldn't, but if I have 1 slimline G&T in the evening will it mean I don't lose any weight at all?

3. Should I count calories or not? I am eating meat and fish and keeping track of it but the calories and fats seem really high which worries me. And I'm looking at carb content in cottage cheese which worries me too...

Can anyone help me?! I only want to lose 10lb and already feel better (a bit heachey despite 3lts a day!) but worried that I'm not doing it right!

Thank you so much guys - really appreciate it :) X

Replies

• dimarston
    dimarston Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Pollyw1986. I've been on Dukan for almost 2 years now... on stage 4 for the last 6 months. For what its worth, here is my experience. Staying away from sugar totally while your on the first two stages really helps eliminate the cravings. I didn't have any cravings for sweet stuff untill I was allowed desert again during stage 3. You might still loose weight, but it's a little harder to get through each day. There are a limited number of carbs in both vegetables and dairy, which is ok. Keep the cottage cheese and yogurt non fat and sugar free. I started using myfitnesspal after a few months on Dukan just to keep track of what I ate and to get an idea about how many calories I was taking in. I was almost always under the "magic" 1200 mark and got that warning everyday, but chose to ingnore it for the most part. I never experience that "starvation Mode" everyone seems to be up in arms about. The macros will always be off as well unless you change your settings.. your not going to be eating as many carbs or fats as this program says you should. If you are faithful to the diet, the 10 pounds should come off pretty quick.
  • pollyw1986
    Options
    Thank you!!