Tortilla 9 carb with 4 fiber :D

Options
RaineyLaney
RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
Hi Diabetic groupies:

I discovered a great Tortilla (nice larger size.. about the size of a medium mission tortilla). It is called "Tamxico- low carb tortilla"

It has 90 calories (nice), only 9 carbs (super nice), 4 fiber (makes this sound even better woo hoo) and to top it off 5 protein. It is a little higher on sodium, but not that much more than other tortilla's.. The sodium is 300, but if you alot it in your food diaries. it is cool.

I had my first one a little bit ago. I pre made my tortilla earlier this afternoon, wrapped it in plastic wrap and had it in the fridge. It held up pretty good. (didn't get soggy or nothing). I really didn't taste much flavor from the wrap. (not sure if this is good or bad), but it did let the flavor's of what I had inside shine on through. No after taste or nothing. Was a very soft (flexable) tortilla too. I didn't even need to warm it up to get more flex with it to wrap my food without it tearing. So in my book. This is a winner.

I found it at Kroger. It was in the dairy section close to the cheeses on the bottom of the case. I don't know if this is a new product or I just over looked it all this time. I love my wraps and at only 9 carbs and 4 fiber plus the 5 proteins and it didn't taste like cardboard. It is a big winner in my book

Replies

• walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi Diabetic groupies:

I discovered a great Tortilla (nice larger size.. about the size of a medium mission tortilla). It is called "Tamxico- low carb tortilla"

Thanks for the tip, I'll look for it. I do like wraps, but the "cost" is too much.
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I think I paid $1.99 for the package. I was shocked the price wasn't as bad as all the other wraps I have looked at.
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I eat a whole grain wrap that is really tasty. Brand name is Tumaro. It has 11 carbs, 6 proteins and 7 gram of fiber. It is a bit more pricey but since I am the only one who eats them I can make them last a while.