Welcome to all the new peeps!

Options

Replies

• gdelp
    gdelp Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite! I am from the Brownsburg area and have been trying to manage my weight for a long time now. It certainly seems like forever. I am determined once and for all to get this weight off and keep it off. I have an almost 21 month old son who I adore and a loving and supportive husband. I have had to deal with a back injury in the last year that has left my left side in havoc. I have been working to get it back to where it needs to be so I can do adventure races. My first goal this year is to do the Dirty Girl Mud Run in May. Feel free to add me and I wish us all the best on our journeys to be healthier and happier.
  • lsweet75
    Options
    Thank you for the invite! I am excited to meet new Indy friends that are on the same journey! Maybe I'll see you guys at a 5K!
  • elizabethis
    elizabethis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the Invite!! Anyone else in Columbus, IN?

I just responded to the invite today. I live in Columbus! Hey, for all you runners and joggers and even the "wogger" I read about.....Columbus is hosting it's first marathon, 1/2 marathon, 5K on September 28, 2013. Here is a link if you're interested. http://www.millracemarathon.com/ I know it's quite a ways off, but gives time to train :wink: I'm going to work toward the 1/2.
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options

I just responded to the invite today. I live in Columbus! Hey, for all you runners and joggers and even the "wogger" I read about.....Columbus is hosting it's first marathon, 1/2 marathon, 5K on September 28, 2013. Here is a link if you're interested. http://www.millracemarathon.com/ I know it's quite a ways off, but gives time to train :wink: I'm going to work toward the 1/2.

Great to have you here, Elizabeth! You might want to also post that info in the 2013 Indiana Runs pinned thread at the top of the forum...
    Thanks!
  • elizabethis
    elizabethis Posts: 155 Member
    Options

Hi, I'm from Columbus! Nice to see neighbors here!

Hi there! I am new to the group. I grew up in Columbus, but now I live in Edinburgh. I do work in Columbus. I work for a diesel engine manufacturer that is one of the largest employers in southern Indiana and has its headquarters in Columbus. Gee, can you guess the name of the company?? Lol.

I think I can guess! My husband works there too :) Welcome to the group!

Mine works there too, as well as our oldest son! I work out at Ceraland, as we live about 5 min. away from there.
  • hobbitgeekgirl
    Options
    Thanks for the invitation! Not a runner, but I have walked the mini (...quite a few years ago now). Hopefully local support will help us all out!
  • MamawChristy
    MamawChristy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite! I live in Boone County, Zionsville area, work out at LA Fitness on Michigan Road. Just got started on MyFit so learning the ropes. I have known for a long time that I needed to start keeping track of my food but I resisted. It is really helping me, and also to log my exercise that I am putting new effort into! Trying out the "Shred Diet" and it's a nice little plan to get back on track with! My husband joined too, he is a runner and has done the Mini and other local half marathons, last year I walked the 5K at the Mini. My problem is sore knee, since I had meniscus surgery 2 1/2 years ago, so running is pretty much out for me. Love walking though and really need to get a lot stronger and lose weight to help with my knee problem too! Plus I am sick of being fat, and I am tired of the ups and downs I have had with diets and exercise. Time to get serious, I am not getting any younger! Thanks all.:happy:
  • rjneeley
    rjneeley Posts: 59 Member
    Options

Hi, I'm from Columbus! Nice to see neighbors here!

Hi there! I am new to the group. I grew up in Columbus, but now I live in Edinburgh. I do work in Columbus. I work for a diesel engine manufacturer that is one of the largest employers in southern Indiana and has its headquarters in Columbus. Gee, can you guess the name of the company?? Lol.

I think I can guess! My husband works there too :) Welcome to the group!

Mine works there too, as well as our oldest son! I work out at Ceraland, as we live about 5 min. away from there.

We LOVE Ceraland! We get the gold membership every year so we can swim after work in the evenings, or play some mini golf or go boating. It's a great way to get all of us out of the house. For weekends we usually head to the state parks, though. Although we have camped at Ceraland too. I just love getting outside. Spring can't come quick enough this year!
  • Shari_A_Turpen
    Options
    Thanks for the info about the Columbus races.
  • Netjoker
    Netjoker Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks for the invite
  • DargDog
    DargDog Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite and hello to all you fellow hoosiers!

I started my weight loss journey 2.5 yrs ago. My goal at the time was to lose 50 lbs, and I did lose 35 lbs of it from walking and doing cardio machines and strength training. I got a bit lazy over the summer and fall and before I knew it, I re-gained every last pound I worked so hard to lose.

I am still not exercising on a regular basis again but I am trying using the Food diary regularly. Looking forward to getting to know some of you better as we strive for our goals.
  • kwatters63
    kwatters63 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all, been using this app for some time. Used to use Lose it but found the food choices here much better.
    Looking forward to reading your successes.
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Hello all, been using this app for some time. Used to use Lose it but found the food choices here much better.
    Looking forward to reading your successes.

Nice bike!
  • lizzyann3000
    Options
    Thanks for the invite :)
  • jtannehill75
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! I have been on MFP for about a year and a half. I've lost almost 80 pounds and feel GREAT!! Glad to see there's an Indy group on here!! :smile:
  • daleaysr
    daleaysr Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm not a runner either and with my bad knee it's hard to much walking, but I do use my execerise bike 3 times a week.
  • sassy_sandi
    sassy_sandi Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite; Any Artesians out there? We Hoosiers are a friendly bunch and I am excited about being part of such a great team!! Go Hoosiers MFP'ers!
  • koebcke1977
    koebcke1977 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Howdy Y'all!
  • Msmaddog1
    Msmaddog1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Westfield here. Lost 13 lbs already, lots more to go...Im a very fast walker- slow runner..Like to do the Monon if anyone is interested.
  • kevslilbabe
    kevslilbabe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Thanks for inviting me. I am looking forward to browsing around and learning some new things.