San Diego Breweries/Wineries??

Options
Stormchasegrl
Stormchasegrl Posts: 61 Member
Heading to San Diego for the first time next week. We'll be staying in the same town as Stone (Which I am personally very excited about). I'm just wondering if there any any gems out there you guys know about that I shouldn't miss, brew-wise (or wine-wise...we're flexible :-))!

Replies

• BigDog
    BigDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to be on a road trip or be anywhere else and want to get good advise on the areas I will be I like to go to Beeradvocate.com and / or Ratebeer.com and go into the forum section for the regional area I'm visiting and asking where the best places are and what anyone would recommend. Works great. The people that live in those areas and know what they are talking about are going to be answering.

Also... For a good low down on the area and a directory of breweries and bars (including a map) just go here: http://www.westcoastersd.com/editorial/ and download the latest issue. You will find the directory and maps at the end of the magazine.

Happy touring!

Cheers!!

Edit: Here's another Google Map of the area... http://goo.gl/RvMDm
  • Thadeo
    Thadeo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Big Dog has good advice for sure. I life in San Diego and I would say don't miss out on Green Flash, Alesmith, and Hess. They are all within a few miles of one another. Also, Pizza Port is amazing. If you make it to Ocean beach or Solana Beach for sure check them out. Have fun!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    i will be over there soon.
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Ballast Point is there! Mmm Sculpin IPA.
  • kmrbriscoe
    kmrbriscoe Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    San Diego is one of my favorite beer towns!

Stone (one of the stones in the wall is in my son's name :-) )
    Ballast Point
    Green Flash
    Pizza Port
    Lost Abbey
    if you want to head 30 mins out then check out Alpine

hit O'Brien's pub for a huge beer menu including specialty bottles, lots of taps and casks and the garlic fries are wonderful!