~EXTREEEEME Accountability!~ March 2013 edition

Options
2»

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I will say that my husband and I were both wimpering with every set of steps we had to take after our squats on Monday!

Time to get a handrail installed next to the toilet. :wink: :laugh: :laugh:
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I wish I could say I was ready to post here when this thread started..I was honestly scared to post and say "I'll do [x]" at the start of the month, and TOM as well. I'm frustrated to say I missed 2 workout days since Mon, and 3 since the start of the month :( BUT... I am learning a bit how to mix up the workouts. Here's what I did this week (or will be til the end of the week). I want to keep it going.

Fri 1Mar: RI30, Week 4 (250 cals) + Yoga Meltdown L1 (175 cal) + 50 squats
    Sat 2Mar: rest day.. needed this one!
    Sun 3Mar: The Biggest Loser Cardio Max L1 (326 cal)
    Mon 4Mar: 65 squats (no workout)
    Tue 5Mar: no workout :(
    Wed 6Mar: TBL Cardio Max, L1 (260 cals) + 80 squats
    Thur 7Mar: C25K Week 1, Day 1 (252 cals) + 80 squats

Going forward what I would like to do is something like this...
    C25K 3 x's a week
    TBL 2 x's a week
    Yoga Meltdown 2 x's a week

I'll leave the actual days off, so I can decide that day. If I missed my AM workout but had a heavy work day... YM would be good. A light workday? Definitely a C25K night.. maybe a little YM after ;).
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Whoo! Another victim! :laugh:

Don't worry about being scared of the commitment. You're talking to a girl here who has been "psyching herself up" to do c25k for a year now. I started saying "I *will* become a runner" and bought a full running wardrobe, running shoes, found a running park, loaded the phone with running mp3's, the whole 9...but can't bring myself to put that first foot in front of the other!! It's ridiculous, but true. I walk like a crazy person on speed, but the thought of running, just for 90seconds, in front of all those other people who are out there running everyday...it's still too intimidating. I HAVE to do it. It's one of my goals on my profile, so I made that commitment. Eventually, I'll work it into my plan, but I have to be totally committed to the full 9 weeks (and to know that I won't collapse into a heaving, vomitting mess on day1).

I have friend c25k-ers and now you and others are doing it here in the group. That's so great!! So, I really want to start it up. But but but....y'know I'm full of too many "but"s. Ugh, I hate it when I "can't" do something...because I know it's total B.S.! I *CAN* do anything I set my mind to...I'm just having a weak mind about this one thing. But! I'm gonna try to keep doing Tabata style hill running at the more deserted park behind our house, to build stamina, and maybe eventually I'll see that it's not that big a deal.

So, anyway, I had trouble sleeping last night, so I spent the time working out my plan for the last 2 weeks of the month. I must say, making these workout plans is ADDICTIVE!! I love looking at all the different workouts online and getting creative about it. And i haven't even scratched the surface of what's available on youtube. And now I find myself thinking, "I can't wait til next Tuesday" or "I can't wait for the workout Thursday after next" !! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'll post those last 2 weeks up later, after I've had a chance to look over it today to make sure my "insomniac self" didn't get too crazy.
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Don't ya'll be scared of your workout plans even if what you wrote down is tough. Remember, just the fact that you "wrote it down" means that you will do something on that day....you can always substitute a different workout that is similar and based on how YOUR body is feeling, too.

I have this motto of "doing my best and forgetting the rest" with extra tough workouts!

Let's keep pushing forward Partners!!:bigsmile:
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Don't ya'll be scared of your workout plans even if what you wrote down is tough. Remember, just the fact that you "wrote it down" means that you will do something on that day....you can always substitute a different workout that is similar and based on how YOUR body is feeling, too.

I have this motto of "doing my best and forgetting the rest" with extra tough workouts!

Let's keep pushing forward Partners!!:bigsmile:

Totally agree!!! Even a sloppy "first attempt" on a workout is better than sitting on the couch doing nothing. I can definitely agree with that (at least for the "at home" workouts...now, as for the running in front of others at the park.........:embarassed: ..........well, soon...very soon). Now if I can just remember this on Monday when I have to do that big 84min workout! eeek! :indifferent:

I had my first modification to my plan today. I didn't get thru the entire 38min glute workout. I think I coulda done it. It was hard, but not too hard. It was 3 rounds and got a little boring after round 2, but most of all, I got started too late and had to cut it short to get myself and lil girl ready to go pick up my son. But I made up for it, when my lil girl *insisted* on coming to the park today. So I had to carry her most of the way to-and-from (all THIRTY POUNDS of her!!), but also still got my fast walk done at the park, when my husband came to play with lil girl, so I could have the freedom to walk. Not too bad!!
  • Jayni40
    Jayni40 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    So I'm kinda worried about my rest days. Fridays and Sundays I think they are too close together but I have other stuff going on the rest of the week . I used to do Sunday and wednesdays but since I picked up step class on wednesday I had to change my rest day to Friday.I'm thinking its okay as long as I'm taking a couple days off a week but is working out four days in a row too much?Also my workout times are all over the place. I work night shift so I dont have a regular schedule time of day to work out except on wednesday step class at 5:30. Dose all this really matter or am i over thinking things a bit??
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    I think, that when it comes to rest days, it's best to do a plan that you can manage to keep up with. Our bodies could workout every day, but muscles (when worked very hard) need recovery. The most important thing is to not get so caught up in the details that you create a plan that is difficult to "stick to". Start with something that is easy to commit to, and then whatever rest day you choose should be okay. Also, I think Fri and Sun are spaced fine. But this is all just my personal opinion. For me, working out is easier to do during the week when my husband and son are gone during the day. The weekends are harder for working out. So I leave the weekend flexible, trying for some kind of workout one of the days and rest on the other--but "being okay with it", if both days end up as "rest days".
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Cartina: I think that having Friday and Sunday rest days is fine. You might also put your higher impact workouts on certain days and your lower impact workouts in between those, or work your upper body one day and your lower body the next. This gives you rest for certain muscles without taking a full on "rest day" in the middle of the week.

Pam: You are so motivating! I always look forward to seeing your posts!

Regarding C25K: I just run on the sidewalks in my neighborhood. We have several small "lakes" in the neighborhood with walking trails around them. I use them for walking the pupper and doing my runs. I've noticed that when I have my headphones in and am focused on making it through the workout I don't pay attention to if others are staring or not. I'm pretty sure that those other runners are just as focused on themselves as I am. I did have an interesting moment with a construction crew watching me run though :huh:
  • steadybutsure
    steadybutsure Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You know am in. Here's is my workout plan or i should say - Minimum/must for the month of march

5x/wk = Sunday - Thursday = Ripped in 30 Dvd.
    Fridays off
    Saturday = 30mins Cardio.

I'll strive to do an additional 2 cardio sessions during the week but this is just extra.
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Cartina: I think that having Friday and Sunday rest days is fine. You might also put your higher impact workouts on certain days and your lower impact workouts in between those, or work your upper body one day and your lower body the next. This gives you rest for certain muscles without taking a full on "rest day" in the middle of the week.

Pam: You are so motivating! I always look forward to seeing your posts!

Regarding C25K: I just run on the sidewalks in my neighborhood. We have several small "lakes" in the neighborhood with walking trails around them. I use them for walking the pupper and doing my runs. I've noticed that when I have my headphones in and am focused on making it through the workout I don't pay attention to if others are staring or not. I'm pretty sure that those other runners are just as focused on themselves as I am. I did have an interesting moment with a construction crew watching me run though :huh:

auntsammy: awwww...you are so kind to say so and glad to be a motivating factor. I enjoy reading everyone's posts as well. One can always learn something new and/or get ideas to help with this journey.

Sherry: I hope you really find a way to "tune out" others in a safe way while running. If you have those noise-cancelling headphones just try wearing one in one ear while listening to music. We are rooting you from afar!

Cantina: my rest days are usually Saturday & Sunday which works perfectly for my lifestyle. One can do cardio back to back but avoid strength training the same muscles back to back. Those muscles need at least a day of rest. Do whatever works for you with regards to taking a "rest".
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    so far I have not done anything I had planned for the week. Today I did 2 hours of water aerobics (2 one hour sessions) and walked carrying my preschooler and toddler for an hour (alternated which one I carried and which was in the stroller). It felt so good to be in the water. Every time I get the chance to swim I always think I should move to a warm climate so we could have a pool of our own.