new to group/1.5 months out

Options
Hi everyone.. I am new here and I am 1 month 2 weeks out of surgery and have had a wonderful experience so far.. I haven't had anything make me sick yet and I have tried almost all normal foods for me except desserts.. I have already lost 46 pounds and am feeling great already!!! I would like to no how others are doing and what to expect in the months to come!!!!

Replies

• libbyd63
    libbyd63 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Looks like you have been doing great! I was sleeved 12/10/2012. Love this site, feel free to friend if you want
  • libbyd63
    libbyd63 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I never got sick eating any foods. I did notice that lately I am able to eat a little more and I tend to eat faster. At almost 3 months I need to focus on eating slower.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I developed some mild lactose intolerance.
  • joshputt
    joshputt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Today is 6 weeks since my surgery. Some of my old habits (eating fast, eating everything on my plate & not chewing thoroughly) are trying to get the best of me. Another obstacle is that I work the 2nd shift while the rest of the family doesn't, so I miss out on a lot of sleep time because I have to get the kiddies ready for school. Don't be afraid to go back a step in your eating progression for a week.
  • operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    It sounds as if you are doing great! I didn't have any complications and feel great too. However, I agree with a few of the other comments that is doesn't take long to let old habits creep back in. I can't seem to slow down while eating. Also, I am eating larger portions than I should be. I am still watching what I eat but too many calories.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Pat and I was sleeved 18 months ago. Welcome to the club! Sounds like you are doing great! Keep up the good work.
  • mandyabraio
    mandyabraio Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am almost 4 months out (had my sleeve 11/5/12) Best thing I EVER did!!! No problems whatsoever!! Surgery was a breeze no pain no nothing, I pretty much eat all things "healthy" now and my portions size are small. Lost 65 so far... It's a wonderful journey!
  • andrea_cantrell
    Options
    Thanx everyone for all the posts.. it is great to no what I am looking forward to and I have noticed lately that I have been eating a little faster.. I have been trying to work on that.. LOL.. it is really hard because it seems like I am always in a hurry to eat anything because I have to get up and run to my 1 and 2 year olds.. LOL.. I don't have too long to try to get in some food so I don't get sick.. but I am working on that.. the portion size is still under control though I cant eat much at all.. but like I talked to joshputt earlier today I am having a really hard time getting in all my protein, but he gave me a suggestion of a protein bar to try and I got some today I just haven't tried them yet.. I really hope it works because I have only been getting in about 30 or 40 per day when I am suppose to get 70.. Nice to hear from everyone.. any more info or storys please share.. I love this sight!!!
  • johnlatte
    johnlatte Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I new to the MFP boards, I was on another board but it got a bit stale. Looking for sleever friends. I was sleeved on 11/20. It was the best thing that I could of done. I'm down 50lbs and need to lose 50 more. Weight is coming off slowly, but I like that actually. Would like to have some fellow sleever friends in the tribe.
  • JumpingJacs
    JumpingJacs Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!!! It's the BEST thing I've could have done. I was sleeved 12/30/11
  • melbogg
    melbogg Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am almost 4 months post op. Surgery was a breeze, only down for a couple of days.
    Only experienced sickness twice. Day 2 trying to swallow acid meds and Day 60 trying to eat a greasy egg roll (stupid)
    Now I eat what I learned at Weight Watchers, high protein, low fat, low sugar and it's working.

On a side note, I actually should have lost more these past few months, but I'm not exercising yet. Is been too darn cold here in the northeast. But spring is right around the corner and I plan to hit the ground running (Literally) next month!
  • andrea_cantrell
    Options
    I have been exercising usually everyday but if not atleast 3 times a week.. I have a wii and I do the wii fit aerobics and strength!!! It is really fun and does a really good workout.. you should try some videos or maybe a wii fit if possible.. It is still very cold here in Eastern Kentucky also so I had to do something that you could do inside because it is just too much to buy a gym membership for me.. plus I have 2 little ones a 1 and 2 year old so I cant just go somewhere everyday.. LOL.. but there are all kinds of fun alternatives you could try.. if you have a walmart there are even tons of really good video workouts in the sports section.. or just go to youtube and do some of those exersize videos!! just some tips.. I really have fun and it makes me have more energy thru the day to do it first thing of the morning!!