exercise

Options
I have always been pretty good about exercising and usually do around 45 minutes on a treadmill & elliptical and alternate that with some Jillian Michaels DVD's. Well, the first 2 weeks of the program went well and I lost 9 lbs. I gained 2 lbs on Monday for no apparent reason and can't get it off. Now I am finding myself hungry throughout most of the day and I am wondering if the calories are too low when exercise is added. I have a heart issue so can't stop exercising but I am wondering if I need to up the calories a little to compensate for the exercise?

Thanks

Replies

• Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    That's the sort of question I run past my health coach. I've asked my coach questions she didn't know the answer to before, and she was able to check with the medical staff at MF to get the information I needed.
  • muscat_princess
    Options
    i read on mf boards ppl who workout can up their protein. try it one week n see if this helps. u may lose this way.
  • styckx
    styckx Posts: 3
    Options
    I have to admit that this post has me worried! I, too, exercise quite often! I just finished day 5 and have lost just shy of 7 pounds. But I have been exercising daily. Reading the books it says to either not exercise at all for 3 weeks or to cut your workouts in half for the 3 weeks. I didn't do that. Hopefully I won't run into the same issue as you...but that may be a reason!
  • leannekampfe
    leannekampfe Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm going to a center, and my advisor started me on the 4-2 right from the beginning because I exercise 4-6 days a week. My strategy has been to eat back the calories I'm burning, using either more protein or an extra MF meal. The first couple of weeks my body felt "off" and my second week I had a very small loss. But last week was 5+ lbs! Not sure whether my up/down trend is my hormones, or just my body adjusting, but I now feel fine, so I do think a period of adjustment was needed, especially since I was eating far more carbs prior to starting MF and my body needs to figure out how to fuel using a lower amount of carbs now.

The other thing that is key for me is to drink my 8 glasses of water each day...I was under that the last two days, and I definitely feel it. I know my weight loss goes better when I'm drinking a lot of water (from past experience).
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Before this plan, I worked out 4-5 times a week, sometimes 6 times for at least 30 minutes or more. Now I have decided to wait the 3 weeks until working out again. I am doing a couple of ab workouts twice a week, but that is all until my body adjusts to this calorie intake. I am not taking any chances.
  • styckx
    styckx Posts: 3
    Options
    As I feared, I lost like crazy for the first week (down 10 pounds) and now I am stagnant as well. I should be patient. 2 days of the same weight. It is just frustrating after a week of everyday showing a loss! BUT...look on the bright side! I am down 10 pounds!
  • chellynn1983
    Options
    I have been doing small things walking, eliptical because I am afraid of stalling as well