WHOSE IS STILL DOING THIS PROGRAM

Options
I was curious...there are over 100 people who signed up for this site. How many of you are still actively following the 17 day diet?

I have finished the 3 cycles and am debating whether to start again. My health professional suggested doing C2 so there isn't such deprivation.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• Livnluv83
    Livnluv83 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am, just started an am finding it hard to stay on this plan. Today I completely fell off, but I don't wanna quit. I feel that if it worked for you than start again.
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I am, just started an am finding it hard to stay on this plan. Today I completely fell off, but I don't wanna quit. I feel that if it worked for you than start again.

Well it worked best in C1 but not so much in the other cycles. I am sure it was my fault...lots of birthday parties and family visits. I don't think there is a blog. Did you get the workbook ? I found it really helped in the beginning. Still thinking about what to do. Good luck to you.
    :flowerforyou:
  • rfornelli
    rfornelli Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been on it since July 2011. I love it! It is the only plan that has ever worked for me, probably because it is specific yet allows for variety. I have made it my lifestyle, with only a little cheating at the holidays. It has taught me what healthy eating truly looks like.
  • Khalter1975
    Khalter1975 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm still doing it! However, like everyone else I have fallen off the wagon. I liek it and I am successful when I am motivated. Right now, I do it during the day most of the time, but then cheat a little at night.
  • Khalter1975
    Options
    Okay Spring Break is coming up! I really need to stay focused but I am having a hard time! HELP! For the last two week I have been fine at the beginning of the week then I fall of the wagon. Think if I start back up Sunday I could lose some by the 22nd? :) I will try again...
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    What all of you said, that is me too. I had to switch to shred for a few weeks because I reaaaally missed fun carbs. C1 is the only one that causes any weightloss for me. I find it works well and I feel great but I get bored with the C1 limits. I always fall off in C2 because of the off and on thing, I may just keep the extra carbs every day in C2 this time, if you know what I mean. I keep coming back to this because this works!
  • Debbie0828
    Debbie0828 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am struggling along but still trying. I have great success when I followed Cycle 1. I fell apart on Cycle 2 when I added more carbs back.

I keep trying to get back on Cycle 1 because it worked. I lost 11 pounds though I have gained some back.

I have noticed that it has been pretty quiet on this post thread.

I want to start Cycel 1 again to get going again.

I am not giving up. I am getting the book out and skimming through it again.
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I have sort of fallen off , also. I am just counting calories and trying to decide to begin again.

I have a suggestion...I belong to another challenge group. We also had fading participation and one of the members posted the same message I did with the added-Who wants to continue? Well it turns out there was just 3 of us. So at the beginning each month we post a new topic For example March Challenge (or it could be March Participants in 17 DD) . We have kept it going for months now. We never friended each other and we just go to the group message board and communicate.

It works great and we don't clog up our home page wall with a topic the others are not interested in. It is like a friends group.

Hope that makes sense to those of you that want to keep the Dr. Mike program going.:heart:
  • Debbie0828
    Options
    That works for me for posting. I need to get this weight off. I found a treadmill that I have accerss to until warmer weather when I walk outdoors and bike ride, so I am planning in using it after work every night. That will help boost my calorie burn a little bit. :)
  • stephanj
    Options
    I am in, good suggestion! It helps to have the support.
  • Debbie0828
    Options
    It's Monday and I have a healthy lunchbox packed. I am going to walk on the treadmill tonight after work. Happy Monday!
  • kkellner11
    kkellner11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am still here!!! Cycle 1 Day 7... this is the second time doing this program..
  • Khalter1975
    Options
    I AM IN! I need to be serious! LOL!
  • stephanj
    Options
    C1D2 and I've already lost 2 lbs! Takes some discipline but it is sooooooo worth it. I am going all the way.
    All.The.Way.
  • boster
    boster Posts: 4
    Options
    I am on day 10 of cycle one and have lost 9lbs so far. I would have probably lost more if I was more consistent with work outs and hadn't had a cheat day on day 6 (vodka and pizza). I too plan on doing the diet twice! Congrats on not giving up :) How much weight did you lose from this diet/life style change?
  • beautifulazmyself78
    Options
    Hi My is Tosha , I am on the program I started last month but like everyone I had a hard time with cheating I did lose about 10 pounds on cycle one So I decided to start over this month Im on day 3 of cycle one. I think Im going to use this diet as a way to eat healthy adding in a few things here and there after this first 17 days.
  • x_tina324
    x_tina324 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am really struggling with this program. I need to go back and read and make sure I am following this to the "T". I'm on day 10 cycle 1 and my weight has been constantly fluctuating back and forth between 2 pounds. It doesn't help that this week is "that week" or that I havn't been working out much. Time to buckle down, reevaluate my eating, and start that 30 day shred tomorrow. Ugh!!!!
  • stephanj
    Options
    I usually have a big loss right at the beginning of C1, then for the rest of C1 I only lose another pound or two, if that helps.
  • Debbie0828
    Options
    I had a week of "I don't care what I eat" and I zoomed up in weight. In control this morning. Had a good breakfast of 2 hard boiled eggs, yogurt, and unsweetened applesauce. Now to keep on track for lunch. :drinker:
  • Khalter1975
    Options
    I had that week too! Back to the drawing board tomorrow...I have to do better...spring break in two weeks!