March 9th

Options
Hi all,

I'm away from home today so unable to get to work on day 9 and have to take a rest day. I will be back tomorrow.

Just wanted to drop by to say how great you are all doing. For many of us it's a real battle of will just to do the exercise every day. But we are hanging in there and hoping to achieve good results.

Hope you have a good day!

Replies

• Heidi_20
    Heidi_20 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My day 8 done nice and early!!! Enjoy your Saturdays!!
  • hon3yd0g
    hon3yd0g Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    day 8 done.i use to find working out in the evening was better for me.now since doing the shred the mornings are better.well done guys
  • doodlemeg
    doodlemeg Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Done day 9! I'm excited for tomorrow so I can say I completed level one! Yay for perseverance everyone :D
  • kikis935
    kikis935 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 8 today and YouTube took away my level two on mobile, so I did level three. I'm definitely not ready for all aspects of level three. I am also battling a head cold which is not helping!!! I'm hoping tomorrow will bring better energy and physicality so I can really hit it!!!
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Day 8 done. I did a sneaky measure this morning of my waist and hips and I've lost inches, so something must be working. This really motivated me to carry on. I'm extremely exhausted right now as I completed a 30 min run this morning (I'm at week 9 of C25K). I really need to soak in a hot bath and just lounge for the rest of the day.

Keep shredding ladies :happy:
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Completed day 2, Level 2 this morning. I got through almost all...but had to take a short breather toward the end (plank twists)...but proud of hanging in there. I like the change of exercises from level 1.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Weekends are hard for me to get it in too. Hopefully I'll find some moments to get 'er done today but I won't cry if I have to take it easy today and tomorrow.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    I worked a crazy busy 12 hour shift last night - all the babies in the area wanted to be born- but got myself to do day nine before I collapsed on the couch. I was tired and cranky and Jillian seemed more annoying than usual, but I did the workout, stopped a few jumping jacks early here and there, and am glad it's done.

Hoping I can do the same thing in the morning with the final day of level ten. Considering a rest day before level two, probably because I took a sneak peek at it. Anyone working straight through? My birthday is in 19 days and I'm hoping to be 2.4 lbs lighter because it would put me in a new ten pound range and one I can't remember being in for the last few years.
  • EasyKeeper8
    EasyKeeper8 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Day 8 done! I was able to do almost one full set of full push ups! Is it just me, or are the jump ropes easier at the end? Maybe I'm just happy we are almost done...:)
  • joeymalone142
    Options
    I am not doing it today, but took the dogs for a hike in the snow instead. I have a cold and don't feel great, but the sun is shining and it's mild out so it was a beautiful day to get out for a bit.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    SleeplessinBerlin Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Kar328, are you a midwife? It sure sounds like a busy night! I totally understand how exhausted you must have been - congratulations on working out anyway!

I don't think working out for 30 days straight is really wise. Jillian herself said that the best way to do the Shred is: shred - shred - cardio - shred - shred - cardio - rest day.
  • jsd_135
    jsd_135 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    D3L1

I've not been able to do this consistently (Day 2 was Tuesday). I envy those who are up to day 9. Push-ups are still awful, but at least I didn't rest during that part. The 3rd circuit is getting easier.
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    I'm not on day 9 either.
    Managed only 4 "real" pushups today, the rest was modified. So what. At least doing them was a breeze :) Now, before some of you get envious - this is my 2nd round with the Shred. Before I completed the first round, I was able to do exactly ZERO real pushups, null, niente, nada. So just be patient - your strength will grow every day.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    Kar328, are you a midwife? It sure sounds like a busy night! I totally understand how exhausted you must have been - congratulations on working out anyway!

Hi, No, I'm just a plain old labor and delivery nurse. And last night I was the triage nurse, which means I see every patient who shows up, get them evaluated and send them home or like almost all of them last night, to a birthing room. We have five of those rooms and they were full up a few times last night. Thanks :happy:
  • SleeplessinBerlin
    Options
    Sorry for OT, but this is so interesting to me. Where I work, we only've got midwives and doctors in the delivery room. We do all the paper work, answer the phones and run between birthing rooms. What is the difference between a labor/delivery nurse and a midwife?
  • Naamah18
    Naamah18 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Today was Level 1, Day 6 for me. Those side lunges and arm raises still don't feel like they're getting any easier.
  • leann74016
    leann74016 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Day 8 for me (i did take one day off b/c I was extremely exhausted) and I am excited that I am getting so much stronger at doing level one! Nervous but excited to see what level 2 will do for my body :D
  • kaekencoffee
    kaekencoffee Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Day 10 was great, last day for level 1. Tomorrow is day 11 and I'm onto level 2. SO, SO excited hubby has now joined me in the shred, is complaining about a woman whoopin' his butt, feels stiff and sore, but wants to keep it up during the week when he's in camp. He says he'll do the shred every day in camp and on the weekends with me when he's home. You have NO IDEA how much that encourages ME!!!! YAY!

Hey, we're onto GREAT things everyone!

(Oh, and he even said the shred was really working for me as I look great! What a compliment!!! Thanks Hunny!)
  • jsd_135
    jsd_135 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Day 10 was great, last day for level 1. Tomorrow is day 11 and I'm onto level 2. SO, SO excited hubby has now joined me in the shred, is complaining about a woman whoopin' his butt, feels stiff and sore, but wants to keep it up during the week when he's in camp. He says he'll do the shred every day in camp and on the weekends with me when he's home. You have NO IDEA how much that encourages ME!!!! YAY!

(Oh, and he even said the shred was really working for me as I look great! What a compliment!!! Thanks Hunny!)

That's so awesome! You've got a good one. And glad to hear that Day 10 was great. Day 4 for me was easier in some parts, harder in others.
  • kaekencoffee
    kaekencoffee Posts: 81 Member
    Options

That's so awesome! You've got a good one. And glad to hear that Day 10 was great. Day 4 for me was easier in some parts, harder in others.

Right on! I hope you are noticing it's a bit easier than Day 1.

When hubby was working out with me for his very first time, Jillian just about KILLED him! I remembered feeling the same thing, but just kept encouraging him. Day 10 for me was SO much easier than Day 1.

Keep on working out as it does truly get easier!!! I'll be here if ya need some encouragement.