New lab results, dont think thyroid causing my migraines

Options
Wendyma1
Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
Well, my new labs are back, and Armour I think is finally starting to work and even things out, so I dont think its my thyroid causing my headaches. Thought I would post them here to see what you all thought. My doctor is still not testing Free T3 though, just Total T3, will have to remind her yet again for next time.

Today TSH 3.44 (0.10 - 5.50) Last result 2/14 was 7.85
Today Free T4 0.8 (0.8 - 1.7) Last result 2/14 was 0.6
Today Total T3 128 (50 - 170) Last result 2/14 was 68

I'm wondering if I started having migraines because there is such a huge difference in my numbers from 3 weeks ago? This is also about the same time that I started to take all my supplements to increase my adrenal function, which is obviously working, but wondering if its all adjusting too quickly and my system is reacting?

Any thoughts? Thank you!!

Replies

• islandmonkey
    islandmonkey Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Those labs are still basically in the tank, though. On dessicated meds your TSH should be almost non existent, and your free T4 up around 1.1-1.4 (ish), and your free T3 way higher.

It could partly be getting used to everything. Would your doc be open to switching you to Nature Thyroid? It's apparently hypoallergenic and some people do much better on it. The headaches could also be reactions to the fillers in Armour.

You're definitely still very hypo though.

You can order your own free t3 test through First Choice Labs, for $35.
  • Wendyma1
    Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, the only two meds they give out is Armour and one synthetic. I can ask though. I know my numbers are still hypo, but a huge improvement in just a 3 weeks period, so I'm hoping it will continue to go towards hyper. I take more blood tests the last week of March, so will see if there is more improvement.