still can't do lvl 1 drills - options going into month 2?

Options
MrsAgi
MrsAgi Posts: 338 Member
I've just finished week 3 - really enjoying it and have seen some good improvements in my fitness - but I *still* can't complete even 1 round of the level 1 drills(press ups, ski abs, squat thrusts ets)....my core is obviously pretty poor, and my arms are rubbish and my tummy is still hanging on to a lot of weight, leading to total collapse after a few press ups:(

Sooooo, as everyone says month 2 is MUCH harder, and month 1 is just about getting able to do month 2,I'm wondering what my best option is? Should l I just work through the programme and do what I can? Or should I consider doing month 1 again to improve, or would I be better doing some specific strength training on my arms and core then re-starting?

Thanks for any advice...

Replies

• tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Instead of going straight into month 2, try redoing month 1. It'll help strengthen that core and help you focus on those areas where you are struggling. Glad you've been getting good results. Good luck!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I say go into month 2 and do the program as it was designed. You'll never be "prepared" for month 2, so just roll with the punches and do your best. keep pressing play! By the end of Insanity, you will see great improvements in the drills
  • greeenerone
    Options
    I can't do the push-ups either and I am going on to month 2 on Tuesday. I figure that since they are the only exercise that I am having trouble with I will do one or two push-ups in each repeat and hopefully by the end I will get better at it, meanwhile I will get the benefits of the other exercise routines. I will repeat the programme after I am done. I realised I can actually get through level one drills during recovery week, probably because I am not too exhausted when doing them.
  • carolvbuenoss
    Options
    Hello!!! Congrats for your 3 weeks completed!!
    Month 2 is really hard, but don't matter with it. You can't stop to do the Insanity!
    Just push yourself for your better and keep going!!!
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I'd say go straight into month 2 :smile:
  • BrokenCowgirl
    BrokenCowgirl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'd say just go into month 2 and do what you can. Shaun T even says in the dvd's to go at your own pace and do what you can. Focus on good form and building on your stregnth and not trying to keep up to him and the others on the dvd. You will get stronger and you will be so proud of all your accomplishments after month 2, trust me!!
  • MrsAgi
    MrsAgi Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Thanks all - I think the general consensus is to go through the whole programme, which is what I'd rather do;) I can squeeze out 10 press ups on their own,but only manage 4 or 5 in the middle of an insanity workout. Then again,it wasn't long ago I couldn't do any!