good morning everyone

Options
I hope everyone makes healthy choices today :) I know I will try really hard.
So before I start putting up workouts and foods to eat, I want to get some feedback on workouts you have done in.the past that where effective. Im real into pilates and just ordered a dvd online. So I will definitely put workouts that im doing and learning. Right now I just know a few warm ups. I like pilates because its suppose to strengthen ur core and flatten ur stomach, so I think its something we definitely need to add Into our week at least 2x a week. Does anyone know exercises that will help lose love handles? And I know theres a few people mention, but they actuaally will make ur love handles bigger and as u can see I dnt need that lol...
Well I hope to hear from a few of u :)
Have a great day! im off to go on a 3 mile run :)

Replies

• smile4kelsie
    smile4kelsie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels. You can YouTube her videos. Start with Level one and work your way up to Level 3. She really keeps you moving! You will be sore the first couple days but just keep up the good work! Make sure you stretch before! Im going to do some Yoga on my resting days so Im still doing something but not as intense. just 2 days a week for Yoga. It works. :)
  • pinksarahjane
    pinksarahjane Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    hi i just joined this group im sarah and im from england i love the idea of this group its great at the moment im doing walking and going on my wii fit to work out i have also started doing the plank everyday x
  • Ralph113
    Ralph113 Posts: 25
    Options
    No more tummy, sums it up for me NOW, this was not always the case. As a skinny guy (I like to think anyway) with a big gut my belly never bothered me, until my Dr. emphasized the obvious and backed up his concern with some dreadful cholesterol numbers and a pill prescription. I hate pills, never filled the prescription and started taking his other advice as soon as I left the office.

A month later 7 lbs thinner and no prescriptions, I really want to get rid of my shrinking belly. As a numbers junky I was shocked to see what I was shoveling into my system and found it easy to adapt but I am getting bored. I have faithfully posted my eating habits and want to hear from all the great resources I have found on this site.

No more tummy really hits home now and this is the first group I have joined. I am usually and observer on social websites but have decided to really commit to the idea of a healthier life style and no more belly.
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    No More Tummy is perfect! I've been overweight my whole life, with brief instances where I'm exercising, eating right, starting to feel good.. then I steadily fall off the wagon. One thing I've never ever been able to do is get rid of my tummy. I found out I was pregnant about 6 months ago and I was so disappointed because I knew I wouldn't be able to to take cute belly pictures, because I already looked like I had a baby bump. Unfortunately the pregnancy was not meant to be and I lost the baby about 2 months after I found out, so now I feel like this is my second chance. I've lost the extra baby weight I had pout on, but now I want to loose the tummy for good, and get fit before the next go around.
  • notsolovely
    Options
    Hi, smile4kelsie... Ive always wanted to try the jillian michaels dvds because I see them everywhere.. I will youtube her videos today and see and try them.. As for yoga thats a great idea to rest and stretch ur muscles.. I dnt know yoga. I think I should get a dvd on it.. Does yoga help u lose weight?
  • notsolovely
    Options
    Hi Sarah, I used to have the wii fit as well, I dnt anymore but the plank is good for ur stomach.. Imma add that for my routine as well.
  • notsolovely
    Options
    Hi Ralph,
    Well im glad u want to take control of ur health before it controls u because being unhealthy will definitely take over ur life. 7lbs is great to lose in a month and I dnt want u to get bored! We have to do this for our future.. We have more to gain then lose. And high cholesterol is the start of diseases that might not be so reversible. So lets work together on keeping u healthy by losing weight and me losing my ugly tummy. We can do it! :)
  • notsolovely
    Options
    Hi sweetdianachk, im sorry for ur lose a couple months ago.. U look great to me! I think we all just notice our own flaws more.. I had to read this book in one of my health classes in college and it just basically said if u do something for at least 30 days routinely that you will just do.it because ur body and subconscious mind will be used to it.. I do believe it because I used to bite my nails and I stopped for 30 days and havent bit my nails.. Maybe only my thumbs when.i get nervous but nowhere near what I used to.. Some people may not see that as a challenge but I did lol because my daughter started biting her nails at one point. As soon as I stopped she did and im happy for that lol.. We can do thisif we wrk at it. And ur tummy
    will be gone way faster then mine im sure lol
  • KarmelMocha
    KarmelMocha Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello eveyone, I just joined the group and look forward to being an asset, as well as, providing mutual support to another. "notsolovely", I too have the same problem area but, together, we can make a difference. I look forward to sharing, discussion and friendships!