Skin Issues with Insanity?

jdr0p_
jdr0p_ Posts: 64 Member
I am Asian and therefore blessed with Asian skin...that is, until a week or so ago.

I started Insanity 4 weeks ago (next week is recovery) and a few days ago, I noticed the skin on my face not as smooth - bumpy, rough. I thought it was due to the weather, so continued my moisturizing routine but upped the creme (I have two, one for extra dry skin, one for normal day-to-day moisturizing). It got worse.

Then I noticed that I was getting weird rash-like bumps and redness on my chest, neck, and along my hairline. They're itchy and a bit tingly at times. I stopped using my perfume. It got worse.

I googled, and don't think it's Shingles, since it doesn't hurt ever. It might be a sweat rash, but that doesn't explain my face.

Basically, my skin tone is now crap and I'm itchy and bumpy. I was a runner for years and never had this issue before - has anyone else had this happen, or know how to fix it? I'm considering stopping Insanity to see if it changes.

Replies

• i don't see what insanity would have to do with it? since you did sports before i guess you can rule out sweat rash. but why would insanity have different effects on your skin than lets say running for 1h?
  • AngieD2203
    AngieD2203 Posts: 53 Member
    I'd say your pores are clearing out with the sweating your doing with Insanity and to keep going. My skin broke out too, but is now glowing now being half way thru round two Insanity, keep going.....
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    I'm Asian and I've just finished Insanity today.

Yep, I started getting bumps between my thighs and underneath my arm pits (ew, I know...) and they got really itchy and it almost burned when I worked out. I agree with the above, I believe it's me sweating out the bad stuff. I am prone to eczema so I made sure after I showered, I put moisturizer on like every few hours to keep the itch away. I'm happy to say they are now all gone and no more bumps!

I also broke out on my face the first few weeks, too. Also, what are you eating? That could also be a cause of it? Just a thought.
  • jdr0p_
    jdr0p_ Posts: 64 Member
    Thanks for all the advice - push through I shall! I hope it goes away soon though - I have a wedding to attend in a few weeks!

My diet hasn't changed that much - if anything it's gotten better. Drinking less alcohol and being way more aware of portion sizes.
  • AngieD2203
    AngieD2203 Posts: 53 Member
    Thanks for all the advice - push through I shall! I hope it goes away soon though - I have a wedding to attend in a few weeks!

My diet hasn't changed that much - if anything it's gotten better. Drinking less alcohol and being way more aware of portion sizes.

Positive thinking!! You go for it, you'll look and feel fantastic when the wedding comes!!