The Weighing-In Process...?

Options
Harlemite
Harlemite Posts: 62 Member
I'm just curious about how other chapters do their weigh ins in a timely manner? How many are in your group? Average attendance? How long are your weigh ins? Do you have any issues with starting the meeting on time due to late-comers?

Our chapter meets on Thursday morning and our weight recorder is always there and set up by 7:45. I believe our Bylaws say weigh in is 8:30 - 9:00. Meetings are to start at 9:15. I believe we have 28 on Roll and average attendance is 17-20. The problem is that most of our members pile in at 8:45 and then there is a line to get everyone weighed in. Our meetings rarely start before 9:30 (or later). This has become an *issue* within our group. So I really appreciate your feedback! :-)

Replies

• susan9
    susan9 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Our chapter has 23 members. Average attendance is 17. Weigh in starts at 8:40 and meeting starts at 9:10. We seem to start close to on time. The weight recorders and treasurer are the people who miss out on the start of the meeting because they handle anyone who comes late. The late ones try to sneak in quietly and not disturb the meeting. It seems that don't have anyone who is a problem. I haven't heard any complaints, but I'm not an officer yet.
  • Harlemite
    Options
    Susan, thanks for the input! Sounds like you have a good group! :-)
  • annsmarquez
    annsmarquez Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    We can begin weighing in 5:45 and must be weighed in by 6:25 or wait till the end of the meeting and not qualify that meeting. The meeting starts at 6:30. If someone is right there before 6:30, they may get weighed in but it makes the weight recorder and assistant fall behind some and the the meeting may start a few minutes late, but not the norm. It's not fair for people to wait because someone is late. We have about 17 members I believe
  • JessIsReady
    JessIsReady Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We have about 60 members, 35 or so weighing in each week. We give 1 hour to weigh in before the meeting (the weight recorders are there at 5:45 to set up, weigh in goes from 6-7). Our meetings start promptly at 7. The weight recorders will wait until the end of the meeting to weigh in anyone coming in late. Most of our members come well in advance. We usually get a bit of a line up 15 minutes before the meeting starts, but the weight recorders can get through pretty fast (we also have 2, to speed things up - one weighs, one records :)
  • Pegasusonfire
    Pegasusonfire Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    we have 12 members in our chapter, weigh-in starts at 5:15pm meeting starts at 6:30pm. So far we have not run into any issues starting on time.
  • Harlemite
    Options
    Thanks for all the input! I'm meeting with our leader tomorrow....this is one of the *issues* we will be working on. :)

Elaine