New York Barbell

Options
jconnon
jconnon Posts: 427 Member
Does anyone have experience with this brand? They sell a bunch of these on ebay. I am looking to get a 45lb bell and these guys sell them for $36.00 plus $18.00 shipping. The description said it has a wide handle. Anyone use these, are they decent?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150870786881?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Never used that brand. I typically advise against buying kettlebells online unless they are RKC bells, but at least this one is new, so you know it hasn't been damaged in any way by a previous user. I'm guessing by "wide handle," they mean the open part of it, so it's more like a competition-style bell. I've never used competition bells, so I can't really comment on the handles, but I will say the handles on my 26 lb bells are more open because they're smaller, and they're easier for me to maneuver than the ones I have with more rounded handles. And that's a great price for a 45 lb bell. I think I paid $80 for mine at a local sporting goods store (Muscle Driver brand).
  • 40Marbles
    40Marbles Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I've gotten a 40 lb. and a 50 lb. from New York Barbell on ebay, and like them.

The handle is definitely wide - which is one of the reasons why I got the first one. My husband was not able to fit both hands in the handle otherwise for 2 handed swings.

I don't see it on the ebay listing, but it is most likely a TDS brand kettlebell, if you want to research the brand any further. That's what mine are anyway.
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Thank you both. I am going to order one.
  • FitGuyWillDoIt
    FitGuyWillDoIt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I think it's a matter of personal preference. My KB's are official RKB's and I'm very happy with them. A friend uses these as well as another brand which have better ergonomics for him. I've tried them and can't recall which brand but I did like them. You can always send them back if you don't like them.