New to group and 4 days old with my BMF

Options
Hi, just thought I'd drop in and introduce myself. I just got my BMF 4 days ago and so far I love it. I'm 58, female and looking to lose about 100 lbs. I've lost almost 30, but needed something to help keep me on track and so I bought the BMF after doing some research. I recently injured my back over exercising but am healing just fine and hopefully be back in the gym soon.

Replies

• zoeysmom08
    zoeysmom08 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi Delked! I am pretty new to using the armband too. Not really using it to its full intended purpose yet because I am a little intimidated by it when it increases my daily calories! Congrats to you on losing 30 pounds! That's awesome :)
  • elaine_des
    elaine_des Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Welcome to the group! I have my BMF since Christmas and love it.
  • mad923
    mad923 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've had my BMF since November and I'm still fascinated by the technology. The more often you wear it for longer periods (take it off 1 hour during a 24-hr period), the more accurate it becomes. I love it. Data Data Data! LOL
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've had my BMF since November and I'm still fascinated by the technology. The more often you wear it for longer periods (take it off 1 hour during a 24-hr period), the more accurate it becomes. I love it. Data Data Data! LOL

I'm not sure what you mean by that. What changes.
  • thinagain2014
    thinagain2014 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This is my 3rd day using my BMF and so far I love it! I've already met my step goal and exceeded it by 3000 today! It's so nice to have a good look into my lifestyle, and it makes we want to be more active so that I can see those numbers and my goal deficit:)
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I think you will love it!
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I've had mine since last spring. I love it. My doctor love the data too. I think it is finally going to be the thing that helps me make a permanent change for health.
  • Delked
    Delked Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi, so now I've had it for three weeks, I set my goal for 2 lbs per week and I've lost a total of 000 lbs. I am just a little bit confused by this. I let the BMF do all the numbers. sigh, any suggestions?
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Hi, so now I've had it for three weeks, I set my goal for 2 lbs per week and I've lost a total of 000 lbs. I am just a little bit confused by this. I let the BMF do all the numbers. sigh, any suggestions?

I presume you've been tracking your food accurately.
  • zlauerMom
    zlauerMom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Are you using a food scale or measuring cups? A scale is MUCH more accurate than measuring cups. And packaging is terrible. If it says something like a serving is "3 pieces," sometimes I find out those 3 pieces are really more than 2 servings when weighed. I weigh everything, if I can.

I've been losing at pretty much the rate I set on BMF.

If you've been eating a reduced calorie diet for a long time (and you are sure you're tracking everything you eat accurately), you could try eating at maintenance for a week, then return to the lower calories. What works for me is to eat at deficit for three or four weeks, then eat at maintenance for 4-7 days, then return to deficit. I've been wanting to eat at deficit 5 days a week and maintenance for 2 days of the week, but I've been so successful with what I've been doing, I don't want to mess it up. So far I've been able to make one day a week maintenance, without derailing myself.

My deficit is 750 and I'm averaging 1.6 pounds a week over the last three months. My reasoning with going to maintenance once in a while is to give my body a break. If you deprive someone of sleep for a long time they will eventually crash for a long time. I know sleep and calories are not the same, but long term deprivation isn't always going to work. I like to relieve the stress on my system once in a while.

Good luck!
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Are you using a food scale or measuring cups? A scale is MUCH more accurate than measuring cups. And packaging is terrible. If it says something like a serving is "3 pieces," sometimes I find out those 3 pieces are really more than 2 servings when weighed. I weigh everything, if I can.

I've been losing at pretty much the rate I set on BMF.

If you've been eating a reduced calorie diet for a long time (and you are sure you're tracking everything you eat accurately), you could try eating at maintenance for a week, then return to the lower calories. What works for me is to eat at deficit for three or four weeks, then eat at maintenance for 4-7 days, then return to deficit. I've been wanting to eat at deficit 5 days a week and maintenance for 2 days of the week, but I've been so successful with what I've been doing, I don't want to mess it up. So far I've been able to make one day a week maintenance, without derailing myself.

My deficit is 750 and I'm averaging 1.6 pounds a week over the last three months. My reasoning with going to maintenance once in a while is to give my body a break. If you deprive someone of sleep for a long time they will eventually crash for a long time. I know sleep and calories are not the same, but long term deprivation isn't always going to work. I like to relieve the stress on my system once in a while.

Good luck!

The people at Kifitn(UK version of BMF) said the same thing- it takes a while for your metabolism to recover when eating so little- maybe a few months. They increased my deficit to 1000 but this was by eating 100 over my BMR And increasing my activity.