Hashimoto success story (in progress) PICS

Options
x4mygirlsx
x4mygirlsx Posts: 129 Member
Never done this before so here goes........(hope it works)
Im 5'3,
28 years old
i have 3 girls aged 6months, 2yrs and 3 and a half. (2 c sections)

I was diagnosed with hashimotos 6 months after my 2nd daughter was born with a TSH of 177. Since then ive had another baby and lost 50lbs.

My TSH is now hovering around 2. Im on 100mcg of levothyroxine, im gluten free, i eat between 1500 and 2000 calories a day and i burn around 3500cals a week in exercise(walking, exercise bike and jillian 30DS) and i supplement with selenium, vitamin d, vitamin b complex and iron (still borderline aneamic from pregnancy).

Me at my biggest, 200lbs the day before i gave birth to my 3rd daughter (2nd c section)
heaviest_zpsb3df31da.jpg

1st pic 163, 2nd pic 2 months later at 152
progresspic_zps1aa752db.jpg

I have 10 more lbs to lose to be a healthy BMI and another 14 to reach my goal weight.

Thanks for looking :-) xxxx

Replies

• smcassaro
    smcassaro Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You are doing soooooooo good! You are an inspiration to me!
  • fall216
    fall216 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Great job especially with 3 little ones to keep up with and recovering from a c-section!
  • x4mygirlsx
    Options
    Awww thanks. I find it easy to fit in workouts despite having 3 little ones. I work out alot when they go to bed. I will only watch coronation street (uk tv show) if im on the exercise bike so thats 2 and a half hours a week. And 3 days a week i have to take my eldest daughter nursery and pick her up as well. Nursery is about a mile away, so thats atleast 4miles on those 3 days, and i have baby in a sling (16lb) and push my toddler in the pram (22lb) i definitely consider that a work out lol. When my partner is off work i leave the girls with him once a week for 2 hrs and i go for a LONG walk along the coast.
    Just started 30 Day shred again yesterday so will hopefully have another pic to add to this in about a month.

I may have Hashimotos but Hashimotos does not have me. :-)
    Keep fighting.
    xxx
  • fall216
    fall216 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awww thanks. I find it easy to fit in workouts despite having 3 little ones. I work out alot when they go to bed. I will only watch coronation street (uk tv show) if im on the exercise bike so thats 2 and a half hours a week. And 3 days a week i have to take my eldest daughter nursery and pick her up as well. Nursery is about a mile away, so thats atleast 4miles on those 3 days, and i have baby in a sling (16lb) and push my toddler in the pram (22lb) i definitely consider that a work out lol. When my partner is off work i leave the girls with him once a week for 2 hrs and i go for a LONG walk along the coast.
    Just started 30 Day shred again yesterday so will hopefully have another pic to add to this in about a month.

Keep fighting.
    xxx

Love this:
  • JENNIENS
    JENNIENS Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK WONDERFUL!!! I'm hypo and just delivered my 5th baby 6 weeks ago. I'm just starting my journey! i hope to have just as good results as you! :)
  • debbylee22
    debbylee22 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • allergictodiets
    allergictodiets Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing your story.
  • x4mygirlsx
    Options
    Thanks guys. And congratulations on your new baby JENNIENS. couldnt imagine havin to look after 5 kids while hypo. Lol 3 is sometimes too much for me :-) x
  • sharonmunday90
    sharonmunday90 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Oh thats brilliant.
    I am just starting the 30 day shred.
  • tinarex
    tinarex Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am also doing the 30 day shred. I take Vit D and sub-lingual B complex. I might try out sellenium and iron. The doctor is testing me next for carnatine and cortisol levels since, despite my TSH being hyper, I still have all hypo symptoms.

Does anyone else have joint pain, especially while working out? I am on day 3 level 2 of the 30DS and my knees are in bad shape. I really would like to keep going and not take any days off if I can but I am getting frustrated! Any remedies for joint pain that have worked for you?
  • x4mygirlsx
    Options
    I was HYPER according to my TSH for a few weeks but my symptoms where still hypo, think i may have conversion issues. as my TSh suggests adequate T4 but my symtpoms suggest im still hypo so i dont think enough T4 is being converted to T3. unlucky for me my doc refuses to test my thyroid levels properly and will only test TSH, Im trying hard to change that.

I have ALOT of knee pain too. They crunch when i bend them or walk upstairs. I am meant to be getting physio to stengthen them to stop this before it causes serious damage. The only thing that helps is keeping active mainly walking. While doing jillian if my knee starts to really hurt i still do the move but make it a bit easier. Also with 30DS it is ok to take a rest day. i do it 5 times a week. so i have 2 rest days. x
  • sometimes_blondie
    Options
    You look amazing!! Great job!
  • tinarex
    tinarex Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I really wish there was some way to follow/subscribe to a post so you are notified when others respond to a board you've posted on.

Anway- today was the worst day so far for my knee pain after 30ds. Yesterday I woke up with knee pain but after running some errands/getting moving it had subsided for the most part and I was able to do it later on and felt OK afterward.

Today, though, I couldn't even do the quad stretches at the end because my knees hurt so much. I am icing now but it just so frustrating to be trying to do the right thing for your health and find something you like and is working for you - then hashi jumps in and messes it up. Hoping because today was day 4 of level 2 and I was able to keep up a little more and do more of the Natalie versions of the exercises that I just put a little more strain on them then they are used to and some icing will get my back to normal.

Throughout the day they tend to have soreness but not pain with every now and then a feeling like they might give out if move/bend a certain way. I just feel like it's always something!!
  • Alex73007
    Alex73007 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Contratulations!! I only have one little boy, and while working full time. Back to work after being home with him for 5 years. Anyway its hard for me sometimes energy wise. Have you ever looked into taking NDT... get more T3? I
  • x4mygirlsx
    Options
    Cant believe ive lost another 8lb since i posted this..... something is obviously working lol .......thanks everyone for your lovely comments xx
  • kcritter77
    kcritter77 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Going gluten free has eliminated about 85% of my joint pain. I used to not even be able to go grocery shopping without being in agony. My knees still hurt when they are cold and stiff. If I warm them up either by walking or doing knee circles, etc, they feel so much better!
  • maracuya23
    maracuya23 Posts: 122
    Options
    Soaking in the bath with epsom salts helps me a lot when I have sore joints or tendons. I usually have issues with my knees and ankles, so even soaking a washcloth in hot water mixed with epsom salts and wrapping it around my sore part helps if I don't have time for a whole bath.
  • x4mygirlsx
    Options
    Came across my old thread looking for other success stories from people with hashimotos as ive been lacking motivation lately and ive just realised. Ive lost another 16lbs since I first posted this. Maybe im not doing as bad as it feels like I am. Got to give myself a break sometimes. :-) x
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    You are doing a great job! I also have Hashi's and I get very discouraged sometimes. I recently started a workout called "Peak 8" and I am hoping this can send me back into losing mode. I have found out that it does not matter how little I eat (try to stick between 1500-2000 low carb/gluten free), if I do not exercise, I will NOT lose. Of course I gain weight if I even THINK about overeating!

Give yourself a break and keep up the great work!!
  • xx4mygirlsxx
    Options
    UPDATE....
    1st pic 140lbs MAY 2013, 2nd Pic 135lbs OCT 2013
    bikini140lbs-132lbs_zps74f57c86.jpg

so again it felt like ive made no progress since my last post..... the further you get into your journey the slower the numbers move. Im glad I take pics because I don't feel any different but I can see a difference

My TSH is around 2.5 right now. Working on getting it below 2 again. I felt best when it was below 1.

Im now starting to do free weights (6kg)at home and I average atleast 30miles a week... I love to walk, it helps that my daughter has started school and the school is a mile away lol, im not logging cals but eating when hungry and MOSTLY making healthy choices, Probably averaging 1800-2000cals a day,

It can be done guys x