hi everyone, i'm new :)

Options
Ok so I'm new to this, I just had my third daughter a week and a half ago, and I was wondering how long everyone waited before starting exercise again? I had a perfect labor/delivery and feel great but I'm just not sure..any advice would help, thanks! :)

Replies

• MandyVeedoll
    MandyVeedoll Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I waited 5 weeks. (Until my doctor gave me the all clear.) Strength training 2-3x a week and walking/hiking 3-4x. My son is now 6 months old and I only have 3 pounds left to lose. Good luck!
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your little one!

I waited until my 6 week checkup to get clearance from my doctor before resuming anything more than walking.

If I were you, I would follow the advice of your doctor. You may feel fine, but your body is still healing on the inside and you want to give it enough time to do so.

I saw someone say once to remember that you have a wound the size of a placenta on the inside of your body, and that really put it into perspective for me!

I found that a healthy diet in those weeks when I couldn't exercise much really went a long way and I lost weight. Plus, snuggling your baby and sleeping are way more important right now :)
  • Alyssah09
    Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I waited about 6 weeks before I started to exercise again. I am 21 weeks pregnan now and will wait that long again probably. . . Welcome anf congrats on your new baby!!!
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I waited 6 weeks...I had a c-section though and was worried about my incision getting pulled or becoming infected.
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I just had my daughter on 2/21.

I was laying here looking at the flab on my belly wishing it was time to start working out but I plan to wait the 6 weeks before doing anything more than walks. I want to let everything get all properly healed up.
  • GinE73
    GinE73 Posts: 68
    Options
    Diddo on what ^^^^Pepper^^^ said!
  • kenlwal
    kenlwal Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I started walking some about 3 weeks after delivery but didn't start really working out until about 8 weeks pp
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I also waited until I got cleared at 6 weeks.
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I also waited 6 weeks and had a perfect labor and delivery. I was ready to get back to my old ways 3 days after leaving the hospital I felt great. My older childs babysitter was the one to tell me to hold off she said after her 1st child she felt great too and started cleaning house and ended up hemorraging and back in the hospital. I would take a break and watch your calories and I was able to walk as exercise just no power walking just a slow moderate pace.
  • LindsayLo79
    LindsayLo79 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I also waited till 6 weeks...but took me alittle longer to get motivated because I wanted to make sure my milk supply was fully established before I started working out/dieting in fear of losing it. Welcome to the group!
  • payne9107
    Options
    Congrats on your newest addition! I started walking about 4 days after I had my son. My doctor told me if I felt up to it then I was good. I wouldn't go too far of a distance, but it was great to get out and about. If you start bleeding heavy then stop. That's how I knew I was pushing myself to hard. I had way more energy than anyone I knew!! Good luck!
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your little one!!! I had an awesome labor/vag delivery and was cleared to workout by 5 weeks. Every doctor is different so no matter when you're cleared just be sure to listen to your body :)