Motivation

Options
I lack motivation when it comes to working out. I enjoy running, but running is not going to cut it for me.. when I lie on my pilates mat I just want to lay there and do nothing.. Which is not good. I need to boost things up a few steps.

Tomorrow is Sunday, which to most people its family day, but in my home its clean the house early, throw laundry in and then kick back the whole day. So if ur like me! Lets workout!

if u did any of these workouts below, leave a comment and say what u did and for how long! Goal for tomorrow! Let me know if u completed it.

1. Walk, jog, run - I say shoot for at least half an hour but if your not able to do so, a couple times around ur block should be good. Something is better then nothing! Lol.

2. If you are doing the 30 day squat challenge (like me :) then do your squats!

3. 30 crunches, 10 sit ups.

4. Stretch! Any stretches u can remember.

I know this isnt much, but im just starting out and I dnt want to over do it.. This can be done in any order.. Maybe some of u can double it.. Do it all in the morning, then again at night (my goal for tomorrow)

Remember!! Drink lots of water! Becuz if u have a ugly tummy like ME, the only way u can help ur skin shrink is by keeping it hydrated!

Replies

• sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I live in Korea, so Sunday is practically over for me, but today I went to the gym and did:

1. 30 minutes high intensity on the elliptical followed by 30 minutes low intensity on the elliptical
    2. 4-5 Arm weight machines (3 reps of 8-10 each)
    3. Walked 1 mile around the track in 14 minutes.

Earned myself the extra calories to make up for a huge restaurant breakfast.

Happy Sunday everyone!
  • notsolovely
    Options
    great kob on ur workout! I wish I had a gym membership that way I can go to the gym.. I like tge elliptical matchine.
  • Ralph113
    Ralph113 Posts: 25
    Options
    Good job on a Sunday!

My Sunday is just another work day. My weekend is Mon/Tue but I hope to get a gym membership on Mon. I got a 30 day trial so I am excited because they have a pool. I find swimming to be the only exercise I do without thinking about it. As for running I hate to run but want to start. I find it hard to pace myself when I jog and get winded very easily at least in the pool I have a nice pace I can do laps at.

So what do I do? I am currently doing some light workouts at home, squats, leg lifts, puch ups etc. I find they get me in the mood to go do the other things I really dislike doing in a day and I get motivated. If I am at work getting into the "when can I go home mode" or just feeling sluggish I like to go get up and walk/jog the stairs. We have sixteen floors and I find this wakes me right up and I am all motivated for whatever is next.
  • ChristineRNnMommy2
    ChristineRNnMommy2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just joined.... But will work out in the morning!!! Thanks for the motivation:)
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    The funny thing is I had an elliptical machine at home for the past year and a half and I only used it consistently maybe a total of 6-8 weeks out of that whole time. We just sold it because we're moving soon and don't want to take it with us. But now I have to get out of the house to use one. Honestly, I really don't think it matters if you have a total gym in your home, or you walk or run outside, ride a bike, go to the gym, or watch videos on you tube as long as you push yourself to do it. You can spend a lot of money or none at all. But the only way to get results is to push yourself to do something.
  • KarmelMocha
    KarmelMocha Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Posh morning...Thanks for the tips, I'm wanting to tone my buttocks (or lack of, lol). Yesterday (Sunday) I walked for an hour and 21 minutes. My goal is to walk 90 minutes 3-4 times weekly. This morning I walked ( an hour & 22 minutes) further and added only 1 minute. I'm happy I'm walking further & faster but, it seems like I'm not going to reach my 90 minutes. But that's ok, I'm motivated :)
  • notsolovely
    Options
    Good morning :)..
    I was not able to post what I did through the app on my phone.. but i ran for 35 minutes, i did 20 crunches, stretched for 15 min, and i did 60 squats and 60 ballerina squats.
    Horrible thing is I went to my moms house and ate a good amount but did not log it in, i was watching my niece and 2 nephews..
  • Ralph113
    Ralph113 Posts: 25
    Options
    Instead of going to the gym I went to the sub shop and got a steak and cheese sub. I have been doing really well with my food but today was a treat and I will not go over. Did my squats this morning but tomorrow it is to the grocery store and the gym.