Options
gowanna27
gowanna27 Posts: 6 Member
Hi, I've been on MFP for a while on and off, i've lurked on some of these forums but never joined in but here goes, I've joined this group as i've been really struggling with binging and feeling out of control with my eating lately. its really frustrating as i'm typically quite good though the week at logging and eating healthy and working out but then i'll have a few treats and stop logging it and kid myself into thinking that its ok and i'll get back to logging tomorrow or on monday as it usually is and i go into a eat everything mode no matter that i already and full and feel aweful and that can last a few days until i manage to come out of it.

Its horrible feeling that out of control and its even worse as i know exactly what i'm doing to myself and how **** it will make me feel but i stil do it to myself:smile:

So baby steps but my 1st goal is to log everything for 7 days in a row after what was an awful weekend of bingeing

Replies

• kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I can relate to that helpless feeling of defeat, but you can do this! We are here for you! :)
  • KippyBee
    KippyBee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You are so NOT alone. Welcome to the group. You can conquer this!!!!!. This site really helps and so does reaching out for support. Feel free to "friend" me if you like. I've struggled with binging all my life, but the added weight has only started to catch up with me in the last 8 years. I was down 13 lbs prior to Christmas and have been binging since then....so I gained 14. Booooo me! I started back again last Monday. Yay.....let's do this!!
  • dc_amaryllis
    dc_amaryllis Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    i'm typically quite good though the week at logging and eating healthy and working out but then i'll have a few treats and stop logging it and kid myself into thinking that its ok and i'll get back to logging tomorrow or on monday as it usually is and i go into a eat everything mode no matter that i already and full and feel aweful and that can last a few days until i manage to come out of it.

^^. ^^
    This is my problem too. Good job for recognizing your pattern. You can make positive changes. Take it one day at a time.
  • Chasinadream
    Chasinadream Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am also new to the group! I have been using MFP for sometime and also initially did really well and the in June i started to slide, gained all the weight back and found some extra too! So I can completely understand your struggle! I can't believe it has taken me so long to admit my eating issues and to seek support but I can say that in the short time I have been here I have seen my story in so many! I am already so thankful to have found others that understand and hopefully it is the same for you! :)