Elder Scrolls Online

Options
2»

Replies

• Dree3
    Dree3 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I so cannot wait for ESO!

I was wary when they first mentioned they were going to use the Hero Engine (same engine as SWTOR), but then they recanted on that, after the huge outcry from fans. They said they were building their own in-house engine and only used Hero as a testbed. Thank goodness. :D
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Edit: Found this link that has the requirements on it, but not sure if they're legit though.

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=3734&game=The Elder Scrolls Online

Thank you for posting the link! It looks like my GPU might not be up to it :(.
  • Kevin_Rex
    Kevin_Rex Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I so cannot wait for ESO!

I was wary when they first mentioned they were going to use the Hero Engine (same engine as SWTOR), but then they recanted on that, after the huge outcry from fans. They said they were building their own in-house engine and only used Hero as a testbed. Thank goodness. :D

I think a modified version of the Hero Engine will be great! It's no Frostbite or CryEngine, but they have to develop for a larger base :) Totally agree with you though!

And I'm playing through my 400th hour of Skyrim... all the while drooling over exploring Tamriel soon :)

Also, Dree, excellent job losing 103 pounds! That's amazing, inspiring and phenomenal! Congrats!
  • Thruen
    Thruen Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Morrowind was my favourite game ever, loved skyrim and oblivion aswell.
    Not sure what online will be like. I dont have huge expectations. I will wait till it comes out and give it a shot :)
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    MMOs make me nervous. I have a toddler, so no pause button worries me...but I did play some SWTOR and it was okay, so I think this will be work playing a little, even just for the lore. I'm a lore addict.
  • AnexRavensong
    AnexRavensong Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Sooo freaking much. Did the beta sign up as well.

If yall are TESO fans and looking for a place to discuss it while waiting, check out:

http://www.tesof.com/

Over there I am "Anex".
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    i'm not. Online gaming tends to suck for a variety of reasons.

*sigh* I wish they would just come up with a new game for offline gamers instead of online. *kicks stuff*
  • jesseg1989
    jesseg1989 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I signed up for the beta. Now I just wish the beta would hurry up and start.
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    i'm not. Online gaming tends to suck for a variety of reasons.

*sigh* I wish they would just come up with a new game for offline gamers instead of online. *kicks stuff*

I'm actually hoping that they take their online material and make it available for solo RPG playthrough. That would rock so much.

I enjoy MMORPG and solo RPG both. I really hope ESO will afford a lot of solo content that will just allow me to explore the game at my leisure and follow quest chains like WoW does, with grouping being optional. Blizzard seems to have found a good balance with that. I hope Bethesda pays attention.
  • noojim
    noojim Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Can't wait. I hope I won't make the same "mistakes" as with WoW (if making too many game-friends and getting too involved is a mistake...) - but I doubt I'll be able to resist.

Not signing up for beta though. Not a fan of beta in general. Finish your game, pls, and I'll buy and play it when it's done. :)
  • BaristaX
    BaristaX Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am waiting for ESO as well, I can't wait to make my character, join the Dark Brotherhood and spread the fear of death to other players. :devil:
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I picked up Two Worlds Epic Edition when it was on sale for $3.99. It's like a second-rate, but fun, Elder Scrolls game! I wouldn't pay a lot for it but if you see it going cheap it might be something to keep you going until ESO comes out.