Any open food diaries?

Options
shannonsky
shannonsky Posts: 75 Member
I've been easing myself into first counting calories, then making a habit of going to the gym near-daily, and now I'm ready to start focusing on WHAT I'm eating, not just how much. Based on advice from bodybuilding.com, it seems like I should be eating ~200g of protein a day, but I just cannot fathom how I'm going to go about doing that...if anyone has an open food diary or would be willing to friend me so I can take a look, I'd really appreciate it! Like, I can see what foods are how many g's, but I'm usually under 100g/day, and I make sure to eat something with protein at every meal, so I'd just love to see what you all are doing to fit in the protein.

Replies

• tessa175
    tessa175 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    my diary is wide open, just sent you a friend invite!
  • shannonsky
    Options
    my diary is wide open, just sent you a friend invite!

Thanks!
  • cphaneuf16
    cphaneuf16 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Mine's open! I haven't been meeting the protein req, but I've come close. I've started using protein powder to help. I've also increased eggs now that I discovered that my body only has issues with the yolks. I cook mostly whites with one yolk. My husband wants to try Paleo, so if we do that, my protein should sky rocket!
  • shannonsky
    Options
    So it looks like protein powder is the key...seems like most people who are up there in terms of intake do protein powder. Are there any out there that don't suck?
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. I don't meet my goal either, but have about 100-170gr/day
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    So it looks like protein powder is the key...seems like most people who are up there in terms of intake do protein powder. Are there any out there that don't suck?

There are so many out there that you are just going to have to trial and error it. I like the Body Fortress one...others don't. GNC and places like that often have single serve samples you can try, that way you aren't buying a whole tub of a flavor you hate.
  • cphaneuf16
    cphaneuf16 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've only tried two and I'm very picky, but I really like the Solgar Whey to Go chocolate mixed with almond milk. The most indulgent combo is the Blue Diamond sweetened chocolate almond milk, but I've also used unsweetened almond milk. I usually just chug it. You can see the stats in my diary for the different kinds.

I tried Jay Robb but couldn't stand the stevia. I avoid the ones that have sucralose.
  • Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, but I've been really bad about logging consistently. I'm going to change that. But yesterday was a good day. Today is going to be. Last week I had a few good days.
    Protein powder helps me get to my protein goals, but it isn't necessary. I've only tried two - Body Fortress Cookies Cream and Trader Joe's brand vanilla flavored whey. I don't like the Body Fortress one, it is too sweet. I have a huge container I'm going to have to go through before I can try something else. The Trader Joe's brand is pretty good, but the calorie to protein ratio isn't the best, but it does have extra vitamins, and I love it with some cinnamon mixed in. There are a ton of posts about protein powder here. I think when I'm ready to restock I'll use the search feature to find something else to try.

Feel free to add me. I swear I'm going to get better at logging my food everyday.:wink:
  • TygerTwoTails
    TygerTwoTails Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request if you would like to look at my diary. I use Gaspari Nutrition Probiotic Chocolate Protein powder and I think it tastes good, but I haven't tried many others yet either. I'm new to the protein powder world.
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Options
    Mine is open and i just recently started focusing on more protein and lower sugar. It is amazing that i am not nearly as hungry anymore.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options

I used to think that whey wasn't as good for me as an unprocessed protein source like eggs or chicken. The more I read the more I think it's probably a good idea to get that whey in after a workout and whenever I'm short on protein for the day.
    I've tried Muscle Milk (yuck!), Gillian Michaels (ok), GNC's Amplify Chocolate Smoothie(pretty good), Amplify Vanilla Cream (good), NOW Nutrition Whey Isolate(best). I'm not a fan of any of them- I don't enjoy them unless I blend them with ice, milk, and peanut butter or M&Ms or something bad :laugh:
    Also don't be afraid to eat 8 oz of fish or chicken or beef instead of just the recommended 4 oz. Egg whites and ground turkey are great sources too.
  • Ari112233
    Ari112233 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My diary is open - I'm just starting to try to get protien counts up - i eat eggs, chicken, protien bars and sometimes do a protien drink. Last night ate an extra can of tuna and I have a bag of raw almonds in my drawer at work. It's still hard.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Mine is open too
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. I am calorie cycling, having more on my lift days than rest days.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    My diary is open
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Min is open... Just ignore this week since I was traveling and it's not the norm :ohwell:
  • FootsoreRambler
    FootsoreRambler Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Mine's open, but I'm not really getting everything consistently right. My priority is to get my protein as close to the goal as possible, but I struggle with that most of the time. Still, you can look if you want.
  • lcuconley
    lcuconley Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. I will send you a friend request. my macro targets are 50/25/25 carb/protein/fat. that means I generally get about 120g of protein a day. I am not sure that 200g+ is what you want to do, but everyone is different.

I do have bars and protein powder, but do not rely on them.
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, feel free to add me. Really struggling with the protein but am getting better. I've got some powder now and also some bars which are a good breakfast on the go.
  • colleen3115
    colleen3115 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends. Feel free to add me.