FromHereOnOut
FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
6c0cccd8bbc8629e0fb3e5de481bc03a.jpg
tumblr_m70oyuFTWE1rwiuexo1_500.png

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    Options
    oh boy my rear is sore from my workout yesterday! Shoulders are a little sore too.

Anyway, today I tried Zumba for the first time (video). hmmm, i dunno. It doesn't compare to HIIT cardio, as far as a workout. I'm sure it's much funner in a class with others. I got hot and sweaty, but I wasn't huffing & puffing. It is nice to have more music and dancing in my day, but it's not so fun to try to figure out the moves & changes. I guess like any workout, after you've done it a couple of times, you can anticipate the changes. Well, I always wanted to try it and now I have. I might work it into my workout plan in the future, the day after a very hard workout (like yesterday's) as a fun muscle recovery day.

What's everyone else doing today?
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Well, I have been sick for the past two days... the good thing about it?? I lost about 2 pounds! LOL. I plan on keeping it off too! I think not eating for a couple of days and getting back to eating today, I am keeping it light and healthy. I hope that my stomach's ability to hold food has become less too.

I hope to start week 2 today on the C25K. I think I feel well enough to interval run.... I guess I will find out, as long as the rain slows down today.

I hope everyone has a great and successful day!
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Hope you're feeling much better Jessica!
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Good Day Tuesday! I didn't sleep well last night at all! I went to bed but got so restless that I got up turning on the TV, then sipped on a cup of chamomile tea then headed back to bed around 5:22am...ugggh.

Around 8am, I woke and dressed for an outdoor walk instead of indoors as scheduled. I walked for approximately 37 minutes at a brisk pace. It was about 41 degrees, sunshine, and calm breezes. I was bundled up for it with headphones on my ears. A great healthy walk to start my day. Wonder if I will need a nap this afternoon?

Sherry: I've watched those Zumba infomercials for a few years now...lol...and have been curious about trying it out, too. I'll have to check our local library to see if they have the DVD before investing money to purchase one. My shoulders and neck muscles seem a little tight today. Not sure if it is due to a lack of sleep or from the upper body exercises done on yesterday.

Have a great day everyone....
  • Ssand_257
    Ssand_257 Posts: 90
    Options
    hi everyone!

Today was day 9 of insanity, pure cardio and it was a tough one. I was going to follow it with a run but my muscles are tight from working out yesterday so I'm postponing my run until tomorrow.

As for zumba, i've done a couple of the videos but its nothing (in my opinion) like the classes... having everyone dancing together gets you motivated to push harder and I usually burn over 600 calories each class, so give the class a chance :D

Have a great Tuesday everyone!
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    6c0cccd8bbc8629e0fb3e5de481bc03a.jpg
    tumblr_m70oyuFTWE1rwiuexo1_500.png

OMG.... He made me run in place...LOL ...NIIIIIIcccccceeeeee
  • Hurdisnie1
    Options
    I think i'm going to try the HIIT 22min Cardio workout today.. I forgot I have to have a small procedure on wed. so it will be my rest day... so If i'm MIA tomorrow... thats why.. but it I can push through I will .
  • Hurdisnie1
    Options
    I think i'm going to try the HIIT 22min Cardio workout today.. I forgot I have to have a small procedure on wed. so it will be my rest day... so If i'm MIA tomorrow... thats why.. but it I can push through I will .
    The Fitness Blender -Can you HiiT like a girl?....Sherry have you tried this one?
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    The Fitness Blender -Can you HiiT like a girl?....Sherry have you tried this one?

Hiit like a girl--I haven't tried it, but it is one of their most popular, signature workouts. It's supposed to be incredible. Did you do it? I want a full report. (Btw, my rearend is soooo sore today from that monster workout. Also my knees are a little spent from all the squat moves, so I'm goin eazy on them.)
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    toni, you mean like a "procedure" like medical stuff? If so, hope it goes well!
  • Hurdisnie1
    Options
    toni, you mean like a "procedure" like medical stuff? If so, hope it goes well!

I will let you know about HiiT like a Girl tonight... :-)

Yes an endoscopy.. or Upper GI.. yes hopefully it does.. Thanks...
  • steadybutsure
    steadybutsure Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    oh boy my rear is sore from my workout yesterday! Shoulders are a little sore too.

Anyway, today I tried Zumba for the first time (video). hmmm, i dunno. It doesn't compare to HIIT cardio, as far as a workout. I'm sure it's much funner in a class with others. I got hot and sweaty, but I wasn't huffing & puffing. It is nice to have more music and dancing in my day, but it's not so fun to try to figure out the moves & changes. I guess like any workout, after you've done it a couple of times, you can anticipate the changes. Well, I always wanted to try it and now I have. I might work it into my workout plan in the future, the day after a very hard workout (like yesterday's) as a fun muscle recovery day.

What's everyone else doing today?

What zumba dvd did you do? the exhilarate or the older cardio zumba? but u r right you don't huff and puff but its the feeling that u just had fun and got to workout at the same time. I love it for days when i don't want to work out. I tell myself its just dancing lol. Although now, i would rather do a jillian dvd for 30mins and be done than dance for 1hr. go figure!
  • steadybutsure
    Options
    hi everyone!

Today was day 9 of insanity, pure cardio and it was a tough one. I was going to follow it with a run but my muscles are tight from working out yesterday so I'm postponing my run until tomorrow.

I've seen the infomercials, its intense. Every now and then i get tempted to do commit to it but then i think, 90days is a long time.
  • steadybutsure
    Options
    RI30 W2D2 done. missed monday's workout. i slept through my alarm - went to bed at 3am but no excuses.
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did a bit of yoga and went to sleep. Did not stick the plan! Bad I know!. Today I tried to make up for it a little bit. I did C25K W2D1 ( 5 minute walking warmup, 90 second jogging + 2 minute walking intervals for 20 minutes , and 5 minute cooldown). I also did 30 minutes of flow yoga and did my W2D1 of body by you to make up for not doing it yesterday. Tomorrow I will hopefully make up the 6W6P. Have a good night everyone!
  • Jayni40
    Jayni40 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Today strength training + cardio. I was gonna attempt to do C25K w1d1 but I chickened out and just did Arc Trainer instead. I'll try again Thursday maybe. Tomorrow Step Class my hardest workout of the week. Wish me Luck!!
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    12Mar: 33 min of C25K (296) + 5.72 mi

Ok so the light weights thing really isn't working out. I really do need the structure of a DVD or person/app to tell me how long to do a move, or how many reps, etc.. I will figure it out. Meanwhile I am actually beginning to LIKE running. I am really scaring myself now lol.

As for Zumba, I have the 5 disc set "Exhilarate". I really like the 45 min one.. Activate, I think that one is. But it all takes some practice, to learn the moves. I think I gave it a try 3 or 4 times before I was really getting the hang of it, since I wasn't doing that DVD every day. It's a little too long to fit into my daily workout time before work, so I could only really do any of the Zumba DVDs on Sunday or a day off from work. (The "quick" one, Rush is only 20 minutes, but I just didn't like that one. The moves were a little too hard for me and I wasn't picking it up as easily).

@Auntsammy: Are you doing C25K every day, or spacing it out? I'm trying to keep at it at least 3 days a week, but I only just started. Today was W1 D2 for me.
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options
    The Zumba I did was just a Cardio Party (probably old) that I found posted online. I just wanted to try it once, because I've always wanted to. I doubt I'll ever get to a class because the only time I have away from the kids is for the 1.5-2hrs in the afternoon when I drop my son off afterschool for tutoring, and in Greece there are no afternoon workout classes of any kind. Besides, the Zumba classes that I know of are at dance schools (the nearest one is at a "latin dance" school, which is even more serious) so that would mean alot of dancers and dancers-to-be...so I don't think it'd be fun for me at all. As you can tell, I tried and tried to get to a class but now that I'm working out at home (and lovin it) and doin my park thing in the afternoon, I'm very satisfied. But I also satisfied my curiosity about Z.

steadybutsure--keep it up on RI30. You have to get through the awful wk2! :wink:

So, all you c25k-ers....I love hearing your reports. I'm still nervous. "Chickening out" like cartina. :frown: Besides, I've come to really love my walks--I feel like I burn the heck out of some calories in just 30min of walking fast and swinging everything (hips, arms). But I'm gonna have to get on c25k really soon, so I can start and finish it before the suffocating heat arrives in June/July. But in other news, I downloaded some mp3's with Tabata cues to help with timing for hill running (if I can ever find the time for it again). I really like the hill running because you only go 20sec on and 10sec off, and because there's hardly anyone in that park in the afternoons.
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is doing good!

We did SL5x5 Tues instead of Mon and we'll just do T/Th/Sat this week. As long as I get three days in we're good (I say we to include the hubby). I did JM YM on Sat, so technically, I only missed one workout for the week - just switched up the days. I'm going to try to do JM YM again today and then get some major cleaning done with the house before the in-laws pop in for a visit tomorrow.
  • Ssand_257
    Ssand_257 Posts: 90
    Options
    hi everyone!

I've seen the infomercials, its intense. Every now and then i get tempted to do commit to it but then i think, 90days is a long time.

Insanity is only sixty days thank goodness, P90X is 90 days though and when I get bored of insanity I'm gunna give it a go...maybe :D