Welcome

Options
jez4ever
jez4ever Posts: 190 Member
My Name is Eric. I am Looking to get fit in 2013. I love P90X and I love Insanity. So, why not put them together? Let's do it Y'all. BRING IT! & KEEP DIGGING!!!

Replies

• Jodycnd
    Jodycnd Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am currently working through the P90 Master Series and plan on starting a P90X/Insanity hybrid on May 6. I've done about two weeks of Insanity but I hated the pace of it. So I thought I would back up and do Master Series (I did Power 90 in the fall) and get in better overall shape before going to that next level. I look forward to seeing how you like it!
  • Pamelaalo
    Options
    I'm on my second week of P90x and I'm super excited, feeling great can't wait to see my final results!!!!!
  • jez4ever
    Options
    Awesome! Welcome, and I can't wait to see your results as well. I definitely will be sharing mine!
  • brie_skee
    Options
    Just finished insanity, started P90x insanity hybrid today! Hanging out a lot on beach body.com and coaching - it helps me stay accountable, and I really love helping people reach their goals. The most challenging part of this for me will be the constant travel, limited budget, small space. 50% protein is going to be very hard, esp if i cant bring whey with me until i settle down maybe in about a month.
  • meeshboss
    meeshboss Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have completed both the P90X and Insanity routines. I am now doing a combination of those with the addition of running. I am doing 3 days of P90X resistance along with 2 insanity days and the Insanity recovery. That gets me working out 6 days a week with plenty of variety. I am a runner too and have recently implemented that into my schedule as well. I like to run (2-5 miles) during my lunch hour on my cardio/insanity days.

I'm enjoying the routine right now and encourage anyone that is physically able to try one or both of these programs :)
  • citylife4eva
    citylife4eva Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What's your breakdown of workout rotations? I finish Insanity this week, and will go right into a hybrid most likely. i done P90X off and on for 3 years, just curious.
  • jez4ever
    Options
    I have completed both the P90X and Insanity routines. I am now doing a combination of those with the addition of running. I am doing 3 days of P90X resistance along with 2 insanity days and the Insanity recovery. That gets me working out 6 days a week with plenty of variety. I am a runner too and have recently implemented that into my schedule as well. I like to run (2-5 miles) during my lunch hour on my cardio/insanity days.

I'm enjoying the routine right now and encourage anyone that is physically able to try one or both of these programs :)

That's awesome! It seems like nothing burns those calories more than running. My workout week is Mon - Sat and I too am going to run Saturday will be my run day. I am going start the 1st month running just over 3 miles and month 2 I'm gonna bump it up to 5.
  • jez4ever
    Options
    What's your breakdown of workout rotations? I finish Insanity this week, and will go right into a hybrid most likely. i done P90X off and on for 3 years, just curious.

Here's my 1st Month breakdown (I may change it up a little month 2):

Mon: Chest & Back
    Ab Ripper X
    Tue: Plyometric Cardio Circuit

Wed: Shoulders & Arms
    Ab Ripper X
    Thurs: Yoga X

Friday: Legs & Back
    Ab Ripper X
    Sat: Run
  • bodylanguage
    Options
    Hey thanks for the invite! I'm on week 3 of insanity...
    I also have p90x so I'll go backwards and do that when I'm done!! :)
    I'm hooked!
  • jez4ever
    Options
    Awesome! Welcome, and I look forward to hearing all about your results! Keeeeep Digggging!!
  • 6550mom
    6550mom Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Thanks for the invite! I'm muddling through trying to figure out my best combo of calories in and out with the Insanity program. I'm doing ok and lost 6 pounds or so the first month. I'm finishing my recovery week and start month 2 tomorrow. I hope to see more change in month 2. My weight loss was enough that people have commented that I look 'skinnier'. I started at 149-150 and am now 143-4 depending on when I weigh. I have 'tightened up' for sure, and lost inches as well. I definitely feel stronger and fitter and like the way my body 'feels' underneath the fat that remains. I can't wait to keep progressing and I love the Insanity workout.

Hope everyone is doing well with their fitness pursuits!
  • jez4ever
    Options
    Those are awesome results. Month 2 is a little more difficult because the moves are slightly more advanced, and the time is longer. With that said, even with the extra time you should be fine. Month 1 prepares you quite well and your body will adapt quickly. Keep pushing play and keep up with the cal's. For me, I had to up my intake about 200 more per day for month 2. My body needed the extra energy!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Thanks for invite!!! I've completed 3 rounds of p90x, 1 round p90x/p90x2 hybrid, 1 round p 90x2, 1 round of asylum volume 2. Currently doing insanity/p90x hybrid started week 2 of phase 1 yesterday:)
  • jez4ever
    Options
    Wow! So, you are like a total pro, and I can tell from your pics!! I'm sure you can add a lot of tips and support. Welcome! I am on the exact same schedule with my Hybrid. The only thing I am doing differently is I am running on Saturdays. I ran 3 1/2 miles this week, I'm doing it again this Saturday, and then I am jumping it to 5 miles for week 3. Have you made any modifications?
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    No sticking with schedule as best as possible. Didn't do yoga x Thursday and took rest day instead of on Sunday. Did chest Sunday then insanity pylo tonight then no workout tomorrow due to son's band concert. Back on track Wednesday then:)
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    I don't have insanity:( But I do have P90X, P90X+ and Turbo Fire and do a hybrid of all three.
  • Ssand_257
    Ssand_257 Posts: 90
    Options
    Hey, thanks for the invite into the group! This is great!

I am currently on week two of insanity ive attempted it before but have always had to stop after the first month due to back and neck issues....but now thats all fixed up and I'm giving it another go!

Good luck to everyone with their programs and I'll keep you posted with my progress!

Sam

(P.S. everyone feel free to add me as a friend if you want to extra support and motivation!)
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm currently on Month 1, Week 4 of Insanity. I'm starting P90X as soon as I'm done. Well not as soon, I'm sure I will take a week off. I really love P90X and look forward to finishing it this time around.
  • jez4ever
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm currently on Month 1, Week 4 of Insanity. I'm starting P90X as soon as I'm done. Well not as soon, I'm sure I will take a week off. I really love P90X and look forward to finishing it this time around.

Hey there, That is awesome. I am sure you know by now month 2 is where its at. By now though you have been preparing yourself mentally and physically to be able to handle it, so Keeeeepppp Diigggging!!!
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    I've done Insanity.Finished it about 2 weeks ago.I did P90x a few years ago.I really enjoy both.I am looking forward to starting my hybrid.,

Who is actually about to start,have started or have done it?What are your results?

I can't wait for all of us to take part in this!Thanks for the invite :)